PDA

View Full Version : GTR2 original spotter?

jscharpf
20-08-2022, 11:48
I love Crew Chief, use it for most of my sims, however, I just did a recent re-install of GTR2 and I like the original spotter (or crew chief).. I am using Crew Chief because it's configuration files automatically fix my GTR2 installation, and I did not have to add any mods!
But it seems to overried the original crew chief in the game, even if Crew Chief is not running.
For example, when you ask for vehicle or race status, or ask to pit, using the shortcut keys, I hear a sort of click.. that's all.
Is there any way to keep the benefits of Chrew Chief (restores Ferrari's, makes the game run out of the box) but not use the Crew Chief sound/spotter, etc?

Thanks,
Jeff

The Iron Wolf
20-08-2022, 20:39
There was another person asking for this, ok, I will add a setting to not suppress original spotter to the plugin.

PS: yes, plugin fixes tons of bugs, and glad to hear it helps you to run the game. But there's still one thing I suggest doing - enable the 4Gb patch. That cannot be done from within the plugin. I might add a warning if .exe is not patched for 4Gb in the future.

jscharpf
20-08-2022, 21:56
Thanks for the response but it's NOT a critical thing!! So far Crew Chief is THE BEST way to run GTR2 thank you soooo much!!!! I played this years ago, and gave up recently just because of all of the files I have to go download. With Crew Chief I did virtually NOTHING (ok move a folder and run the 4G patch lol).. and the game works out of the box. I am JUST SO HAPPY about this. It runs smooth, looks great, sounds great!!! I had been using Crew Chief with AMS2 and AC, but I had NO IDEA that you fixed GTR2! This is huge, the only way I found out was a Youtuber!! I guess I never read the "readme" :(
Thanks again.. and again lol.

The Iron Wolf
20-08-2022, 22:27
Thanks for the response but it's NOT a critical thing!! So far Crew Chief is THE BEST way to run GTR2 thank you soooo much!!!! I played this years ago, and gave up recently just because of all of the files I have to go download. With Crew Chief I did virtually NOTHING (ok move a folder and run the 4G patch lol).. and the game works out of the box. I am JUST SO HAPPY about this. It runs smooth, looks great, sounds great!!! I had been using Crew Chief with AMS2 and AC, but I had NO IDEA that you fixed GTR2! This is huge, the only way I found out was a Youtuber!! I guess I never read the "readme" :(
Thanks again.. and again lol.
Awesome, have fun :) In general, I do not take feature requests, but restoring original radio comms is literally 3 minutes of work, so here it is. You can get Beta with this new setting at plugin Discord server. Also, CC should tell you that you requested pit in (it may sometimes skip some messages, because a lot of work is put in so that it does not act like a robot). Also, you can get pretty much any race info from the CC via button or voice command, I really suggest investing into learning Crew Chief - there's nothing built in GTR2 radio comm does that CC doesn't.

jscharpf
23-08-2022, 00:17
I ran my first full length championship race, 2003 series, Spain, 3 hours, everything worked flawlessly! You are right, CC is so much better. I feel guilty asking to get the old sounds back.. because while they are nostalgic, nothing is as good as this.

The Iron Wolf
23-08-2022, 02:05
I ran my first full length championship race, 2003 series, Spain, 3 hours, everything worked flawlessly! You are right, CC is so much better. I feel guilty asking to get the old sounds back.. because while they are nostalgic, nothing is as good as this.
haha, thanks for saying this, I was really, really, really puzzled by people asking for this. In any case, I added a setting, it was easy. Some people may not have enough CPU to run CC (it's very fast, but still uses CPU), and there's historic value, if someone wants to experience old sounds. You reminded me that years ago, I was looking for CC (and discovered this amazing creation mr_belowski started), exactly because of GTR2 team radio. It really adds immersion. And now, we have something much, much better in Crew Chief.