PDA

View Full Version : Crew chief failing to start with iRacing

Deckard_2
08-01-2022, 20:52
Sorry, this is a second post but I think I posted it to the wrong section (PC Help Section).

Crew chief won't work when I start iracing. I just get this error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20:49:05.704 : Initialising...
20:49:49.888 : Initialised iRacing shared memory
20:49:49.899 : Reloading Drivers
20:49:49.946 : Error mapping game data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., at CrewChiefV4.AdditionalDataProvider.validate(String str) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\AdditionalDataProvider.cs:line 18
at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingGameStateMapper.mapToGa meStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingGameStateMapper.cs:line 111
at CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(String filenameToRun, Boolean dumpToFile) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\CrewChief.cs:line 645
++++++++++++ Skipped 61 copies of previous message. Please report this error to the CC dev team ++++++++++++
20:49:50.996 : Error mapping game data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingGameStateMapper.mapToGa meStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingGameStateMapper.cs:line 64
at CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(String filenameToRun, Boolean dumpToFile) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\CrewChief.cs:line 645
++++++++++++ Skipped 251 copies of previous message. Please report this error to the CC dev team ++++++++++++
20:49:55.244 : Error mapping game data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., at CrewChiefV4.AdditionalDataProvider.validate(String str) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\AdditionalDataProvider.cs:line 18
at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingGameStateMapper.mapToGa meStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingGameStateMapper.cs:line 111
++++++++++++ Skipped 1562 copies of previous message. Please report this error to the CC dev team ++++++++++++
20:50:24.060 : Disconnected from iRacing Shared Memory

mr_belowski
09-01-2022, 16:53
We've looked into this and it's something weird in the iracing data that cc isn't handling correctly. Your driver name is missing - you might notice some weirdness on the iracing UI, question marks instead of a name and maybe some other stuff.

There may be other issues associated with the this, but we can sanity check this data before using it - that change will be in the next cc release