PDA

View Full Version : Can Crew Chief control the iRacing "Cycle Split Delta Display" screen?

marcoconti
10-11-2021, 04:59
When I practice, I like to switch the "Cycle Split Delta Display" (the module on the left of the screen by default with sector times, delta, lap times, etc.) between "Lap" and "Sector" readings.
iRacing, in their infinite wisdom, only assign one key to that screen. By default the [TAB] key. However, the screen can only travel in one direction: forward. Meaning that if I have the "LAP" screen on, I can go to "SECTOR" pressing tab, but if I am on "SECTOR", to go back to "LAP" I have to press TAB for a number oif times until I go around all the displays. More often than not, if I do that while driving,, one single extra TAB press and I am back where I started.

It would be nice if iRacing gave us an [ALT-TAB] type of key binding so we could browse it backwards, but I wonder if Crew Chief could solve this little problem.

Unfortunately, I am new to Crew Chief, and since I have an accent, my interactions are poor. However, I saw MACROS as one of the features, so maybe it's possible to create a key binding, or even a voice command that presses [TAB] X number of times to cycle back to the screen preceding the one I am on.
Heck, maybe there is a command for it, but when I searched for "Cycle Split Delta Display" or "Split Delta" or "Delta Display" and so on, I had no luck.

Would this be possible in any way?

Thank you.