PDA

View Full Version : Crew chief isnt working in pcars 2 on pc

streekyuk
05-10-2017, 10:20
hi can anyone help ive had crew chief for a while now works well in race room and did work well on pcars but for some reason doesn't work at all for pcars 2.
Help please

oOBATOo
05-10-2017, 11:59
Hi
Yeah project cars 2 it does work in settings there is setting to set pc2 to use project cars to use prc1 style memory sharing or somthing like that.
if you select project cars 2 in CC and then enable this option it works, I think its shared memory setting inside pc2.

oOBATOo
05-10-2017, 12:03
Hi project cars 2 load it then options/system and set the udp option to project cars 1 style

Clanky
12-10-2017, 12:50
It's working fine for me, so helpful having this again after not having it in iracing!

Sparten
12-10-2017, 18:34
after not having it in iracing!

Goddies to come :)

Juppieman
22-10-2017, 21:33
Will the shared Memory setting pcars 2(ingame settings) supported in the Future? My Problem is i need to set ingame shared memory to pcars 2 for my sim commander motion. When i change it to pcars 1..no motion :(
Maybe there is a workaround for getting Crewchief and Sim Commander Motion to work.
Thx
Benni

mr_belowski
23-10-2017, 07:30
I don't understand this. PCars 2 format doesn't exist - there's no spec or documentation and the last time I talked to SMS about it, they hadn't finished designing it.

When they do finish and document it, crew chief will be updated to use it.

Juppieman
23-10-2017, 08:05
In the Project Cars Setting i can change the Shared Memory Setting between off/Project Cars 1/Project Cars 2. When i set it to Project Cars 1 CrewChief works great but my SimCommander Motion won't work :)
When i set it to Project Cars 2...Motion works but no CrewChief :(
So...i'll wait :) No Problem...hopefully it will work together in the Future. Such a great Tool.. :)

oOBATOo
23-10-2017, 15:03
In the Project Cars Setting i can change the Shared Memory Setting between off/Project Cars 1/Project Cars 2. When i set it to Project Cars 1 CrewChief works great but my SimCommander Motion won't work :)
When i set it to Project Cars 2...Motion works but no CrewChief :(
So...i'll wait :) No Problem...hopefully it will work together in the Future. Such a great Tool.. :)

Forgive me but I thought SimVibe was sound/soundcard based I have a simvibe licence but dont use it.
Iam probably wrong as usual ile go sniff out the simvibe forum

Juppieman
23-10-2017, 15:18
SimVibe Yes... It gets the Information from an extra Soundcard.. But i use the Sim Commander for Motion...and the Motion only works if i set shared Memory in pcars 2 on setting Pcars 2 :)
I thought maybe someone else had the same Problem :)

daohaus
13-11-2017, 04:41
my problem is im using simhub for my arduino LED rev lights, and the UDP frequency is set to 8 on that. If i sent it to anything lower than that the data for the rev lights might not be fast enough...anyone running simhub LED rev lights and this without any problems?

mr_belowski
13-11-2017, 14:38
Is this on PC? Can you use pCARS2 Shared Memory instead?

daohaus
13-11-2017, 14:49
Is this on PC? Can you use pCARS2 Shared Memory instead?

It's for PC, simhub uses pcars1 shared memory

mr_belowski
13-11-2017, 14:54
I'm confused - why are you asking about UDP? Can you provide more details please

daohaus
13-11-2017, 15:03
I'm confused - why are you asking about UDP? Can you provide more details please

Ok, on simhub the setup in pcars2 asks you to set shared memory to pcars1 the update frequency to 8. For crewchief the instructions are to set to pcars1 and update frequency to 3. I'm on my mobile right now but when I get in the office I'll share the instructions on simhub.

Hope this clarifies a little more

mr_belowski
13-11-2017, 15:06
Seems odd that simhub would use UDP. If it's using shared memory in pcars 1 mode then you might as well disable UDP and run crew chief in pcars (64 bit) mode

mr_belowski
13-11-2017, 15:27
Also, I think SMS reversed the update rate meaning. In pcars 1 9 was lowest and 1 highest. In pcars2 it's the other way round, so cc should work fine in UDP mode with UDP set to 8

daohaus
13-11-2017, 17:02
Also, I think SMS reversed the update rate meaning. In pcars 1 9 was lowest and 1 highest. In pcars2 it's the other way round, so cc should work fine in UDP mode with UDP set to 8

well i must be doing something wrong then. I did this setup for AC and it worked like a champ. But pcars2 is giving me grief. Anyway, here's the suggested setting for SIMHUB48

I went into to settings, turned off spotter and crewchief, i mean your setup is pretty straightforward so i must be messing something up somewhere.

mr_belowski
13-11-2017, 17:11
with PCars set as per SimHub's recommendation, run Crew Chief in PCars 1 shared memory mode (called "PCars (64 bit)") or PCars Network Data mode - *not* pCars2 mode

daohaus
13-11-2017, 17:13
with PCars set as per SimHub's recommendation, run Crew Chief in PCars 1 shared memory mode (called "PCars (64 bit)") or PCars Network Data mode - *not* pCars2 mode

thanks, i'll give it a try when i get home.

daohaus
14-11-2017, 04:36

you are the man, i launched it in Pcars2 network data mode and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much

BrieseRacing
19-12-2017, 08:09
Hello there,

I dont get CrewChief running in PCARS2 and im alLittle bit confused now what settings I have to change.. Seems everyone uses another solution ? What exactly I have to set now in CrewChief and ingame to get this running ?

Thanks

mr_belowski
19-12-2017, 09:02
assuming you're on the PC, enable shared memory in-game and set it to Project Cars 2 mode. In the app set the Game to pCARS 2