PDA

View Full Version : Spotter not working in Iraciing

Bway
13-06-2021, 15:28
Hey guys new to the forum and the app. Love it so far and the idea. But im having issues with the spotter working in iracing. Crew chief works great calls out times and everything. The spotter does not work at all. I have tried in game settings spotter on and off doesnt work. If its on in game its the in game spotter not the spotter from CrewChief. I also checked other threads and saw to make sure realistic mode or whatever wasn't checked which is not. Couldnt seem to find the solve online anywhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TY and keep on racing!

Bruiser
15-06-2021, 05:26
Hey guys new to the forum and the app. Love it so far and the idea. But im having issues with the spotter working in iracing. Crew chief works great calls out times and everything. The spotter does not work at all. I have tried in game settings spotter on and off doesnt work. If its on in game its the in game spotter not the spotter from CrewChief. I also checked other threads and saw to make sure realistic mode or whatever wasn't checked which is not. Couldnt seem to find the solve online anywhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TY and keep on racing!

Having the same issue ... CC has worked well for my over the last couple of years (Iracing) but in the last few days the spotter won't speak ... help!

Cheers Mark

DAFATCATERPILLAR
06-09-2021, 02:55
same here!!!!! worked fine then nothing i have reinstalled 3x

Chrish611
24-09-2021, 01:17
Getting the same issue. Lap times etc being called, but spotter not working. Have had to go back to the crappy iRacing spotter. I love CC so much, I hope it can get resolved

Sparten
24-09-2021, 03:57
Make sure realistic mode is turned off in properties.

stiggyMarley
25-09-2021, 16:11
Make sure realistic mode is turned off in properties.

I'm having the same issue. Jim does everything, except report incidents. same as OP, I also checked to ensure realistic mode was off, but he doesn't report incidents. I checked the file with all the corner names, and it's still intact, with names of the corners for the tracks I'm racing at (Watkins Glen, Long Beach). I've even tried reinstalling. I miss Smart Jim; did something change with the recent update?

Sparten
26-09-2021, 05:56
Nothing has changed in this part of the code in any recent updates, also Long beach and Glenn are not mapped for iracing!, you can try and add
"irTrackName": "TrackCodeName", to tracklandmarksdata.json where you find the existing mapping but they might not match the layout for iracing.
The app will print the name of the track in the console when you first join a session, it will look something like this:

08:07:10.691 : TrackCodeName longbeach Track Reported Length 3140
08:07:10.694 : No landmarks defined for this track

Edit: I just tested long beach and it does not match the existing mapping at all.
But you can make a new mapping for it following this guide:
https://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?32-How-to-collect-track-Corner-Data

Laserbeak43
20-11-2021, 19:58
I get incident reports but no spotter. where are these realistic settings?

Poddair
06-01-2022, 21:54
Hi,
since the Update 4.15.3.10 the spotter disapeared. Everything else works well. Also the spotterradiocheck is working.

Thanks Patrick

edu3110
25-02-2022, 13:03
Hi,

Any updates on this? My spotter is still not working. I also get the spotter radio check but nothing else.

rosscarlson
17-05-2022, 01:10
Hi,

Any updates on this? My spotter is still not working. I also get the spotter radio check but nothing else.

EXACT same thing here - a few days ago I stopped getting spotting messages in iRacing - I usually get my and other lap times but even sometimes that stops and I have to restart the app for them to come back. When they do come back I do NOT get any spotting for car position, etc. It just goes completely quiet on me.

And update here? Pretty important for such a critical app that we all have to trust and rely on.

~Ross

Matian
08-06-2022, 09:37
Is this going to be fixed?

WouterNOTWooter
08-09-2022, 09:56
On Ochersleben, with the Porsche Mission R, CC doesnt work at all

Console:

10:51:25.228 : Error reading game data Specified cast is not valid., at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingData..ctor(iRacingSDK sdk, Boolean hasNewSessionData, Boolean isNewSession, Int32 numberOfCarsEnabled, Boolean is360HzTelemetry) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingData.cs:line 78
at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingSharedMemoryReader.Read GameData(Boolean forSpotter) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingSharedMemoryReader.cs:line 305

Sparten
08-09-2022, 19:42
On Ochersleben, with the Porsche Mission R, CC doesnt work at all

Console:

10:51:25.228 : Error reading game data Specified cast is not valid., at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingData..ctor(iRacingSDK sdk, Boolean hasNewSessionData, Boolean isNewSession, Int32 numberOfCarsEnabled, Boolean is360HzTelemetry) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingData.cs:line 78
at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingSharedMemoryReader.Read GameData(Boolean forSpotter) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingSharedMemoryReader.cs:line 305

I fix it as soon as i get back to my rig on saturday.