PDA

View Full Version : Jim, everyone didn't really bin it at Paddock Hill!

Kurt VW
14-11-2020, 02:43
Formula Renault 2 race today at Brands Hatch GP...

Chief was reporting at least one car per lap, and often more had gone off at Paddock Hill... They were almost all false reports. Another guy in voice said it had been doing this all week, so it doesn't sound like a 'me' thing.

Please have a look as it is very distracting and gave me a false sense of hope after the leader had gone off on each of the previous few laps I had expected to be the leader... But it was not real. It was just a dream.

Thanks.

Jefferson
14-11-2020, 04:52
The same happened to me today at that track in that car. You weren't dreaming Kurt, you had a delusional crew chief!

mr_belowski
14-11-2020, 07:23
Please record a trace so I can reproduce this error and fix it. See http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?142-How-to-collect-Crew-Chief-repro-traces

Jefferson
14-11-2020, 22:03
Thanks Mr. Belowski for giving me another reason to race, but how do I record a trace?

mr_belowski
15-11-2020, 07:10
It's in that link

mr_belowski
17-11-2020, 07:11
Guys, we did managed to get a trace with this issue (thanks Matt). Some changed went into the most recent app release to add more checks to the filter out noisy data coming from the game (version 4.15.0.1 released on the 16th). It certainly reduces the number of stopped car calls the app is making but without actually being in the race it's hard to know if this is a fix or not. So I'd appreciate if you could keep us informed of your experiences with the latest version