PDA

View Full Version : New to CC and iRacing

Michael15
02-10-2020, 13:21
I just downloaded CC last night and had no problems with the download, I thought. When I start up the app it does not appear in my system tray and hence not working on iRacing. I run Windows 10, I looked through the FAQ and this forum and couldn't find anything. I'm sure its a fairly simple issue. Thanks for helping, I'm looking forward to getting this going!!

Cheers

Mike

mr_belowski
02-10-2020, 14:24
Sounds like it crashed on startup. Are there any .Net errors in the windows event log (in the application section)?

Michael15
02-10-2020, 14:56
Sounds like it crashed on startup. Are there any .Net errors in the windows event log (in the application section)?

There were no errors that i could see from the Event Viewer-apps from yesterday when I installed CC. I'm trying to uninstall now but its taking a while.

mr_belowski
02-10-2020, 15:16
By default the app should show a big window on startup, not minimise to system tray.

Have you ever installed it before? Perhaps your antivirus software is blocking it?

Michael15
02-10-2020, 16:08
That was my first attempt to install it. I do get the warnings from the anti-virus software but have been able to bypass this step with other apps, like SDK. After I install is there something else i need to do to "activate" the app?

mr_belowski
02-10-2020, 17:02
no, after install if you launch the app it'll open its main UI window. If there's no .Net error in the the event logs and the app isn't appearing it's a fair bet that it's been nuked by your AV software. What's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\?

Michael15
02-10-2020, 17:51
thank you so much! i was able to get it to work1!!