PDA

View Full Version : pit menu manager

JimmyT
08-09-2020, 10:28
Hi all, let me start by saying I'm an old fart so if this is an obvious thing please forgive me. I see in the change notes that there has been a pit menu manager added to CC for rF2.
Now for the question, can someone tell me what it does and how to work it please. I notice that since it's been in there, when I start my car in the garage the pit menu pops up and scrolls through every time. If someone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

JT

mr_belowski
08-09-2020, 10:55
The popup thing is so the app can work out what state the menu is in (what the layout is) so the app can interact with it.

The purpose of this is to allow voice commands to operate the pit menu, so you should be able to say stuff like "pitstop change right side tyres" and it should make the appropriate selections on the pit menu

JimmyT
08-09-2020, 11:15
Awesome stuff :) , so is it fully functional now or is there more stuff to come from S397 to make it work?
If it's functional now, is there a dialogue list of requests that can be made?

Thanks again for your response.

JT

Edit: My bad I just found the dialogue list within the program.

You guys are absolute genius' truly the best plugin EVER.

Marko Helmet
08-09-2020, 11:49
So how do you turn this functionality off please? I have the same "problem" where it scrolls through to my pit menu every time I enter the track. I thought CC was acting up or had a bug so I reinstalled v4.12.0.8 before I saw this thread. Spent hours tracking it down to CC and reinstalling stuff.

mr_belowski
08-09-2020, 12:18
I don't play RF2 so don't know how much of a problem this brief scrolling is, but we'll tweak the behaviour for the next release to make the whole pit menu manager optional and / or restrict that scrolling process so it only does it when you first make a pit command.

In short, we're looking into it

Marko Helmet
08-09-2020, 12:30
Thanks. It basically scrolls through the various display panels until it reaches the pit menu then does some weird scrolling in the pit options. This is bad if you like it set to display a certain panel all the time, because you then have to scroll through them all manually again until you reach the one you want. Pretty annoying really, because it does this every time you leave the pit to enter the track.

Good to know it's being looked at though.

Seven Smiles
08-09-2020, 16:13
In the meantime you can map a key to your preferred panel to get straight back to it

JimmyT
09-09-2020, 11:16
So I got it to work once now it won't recognise the pitstop command. If I stop the CC application the pit menu scrolls as though it received a command but when I re-start, it still won't recognise the pit menu commands. Other commands like how's my fuel and tyre temps still work.
Any ideas??

Seven Smiles
09-09-2020, 11:38
Please try the update that's just been released and if there's still a problem attach the log file
.....\Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLogs\console_date-time.txt

JimmyT
09-09-2020, 11:54
Yeah, when I started tonight it had the update already (so the pit menu manager is now an option and I have it turned on) I have attached three logs. In each you can see where the application is stopped and the line before it is the resume console scrolling Also it keeps thinking i'm asking for pitstop benchmark when I'm saying pitstop clear tyres or pitstop soft tyres. And every time I quit the CC app even if I have pit menu manager turned off in the properties it still scrolls the menu as I do so.

Seven Smiles
09-09-2020, 12:18
Investigating...

Problem found :rolleyes:

Updated version 14.3.0.2 with ALL bugs fixed. Well, I can dream :(

JimmyT
10-09-2020, 10:14
Thank you sir, that seems to have done the job. I gave it a short run today in a practice session and CC changed tyres as requested. Will have to give it a more thorough run and test under race conditions.
I reiterate, Thank You, I appreciate your time and effort.

JimmyT
11-09-2020, 12:14
So Seven Smiles, I have tested the pit menu manager in rF2 with several types of car and can't seem to get the fuel dialogue to work for me. When I say clear fuel the menu jumps to the fuel but the figures don't change. If I say change tyres and the menu jumps to tyres, when I say pitstop add x (10) litres the menu won't move and I get no confirmation from CC for any fuel request.
If I ask how much fuel to end and CC gives me a figure I then say pitstop fuel to the end, I get no response and the fuel level won't change.
Here is a pic of the properties for fuel.
Is there something I'm missing when I set this up?

Thanks
JT

Seven Smiles
11-09-2020, 12:53
Using the same settings adding fuel is working for me:

13:48:57.778 : Heard keyword Chief, waiting for command confidence 0.9263046
13:48:57.864 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
13:48:57.864 : Getting audio from default device
13:49:00.843 : Recognised : pitstop add ten liters Confidence = 0.965
13:49:00.843 : matching partial response pitstop add
13:49:00.843 : Waiting for trigger word Chief
13:49:00.843 : matching partial response liters
13:49:01.249 : Playing sounds, events: COMPOUND_iracing_add_fuel
13:49:01.249 : (acknowledge/OK, numbers/10, fuel/litres)
13:49:01.249 : [Subtitle] Jim: understood 10 litres

Can you post what you see?

I don't think which vehicle matters but just now I've tested the 488 GTE and the Boxmaster (pleasantly surprised to see it change the tyres on the Boxmaster even though TREADED was not a tyre type I had thought of!)

If I ask how much fuel to end and CC gives me a figure I then say pitstop fuel to the end, I get no response and the fuel level won't change.
That's because you have selected auto refuelling. It could set a fuel level but then it would set it again when you came in to the pits

JimmyT
11-09-2020, 21:58
That's because you have selected auto refuelling. It could set a fuel level but then it would set it again when you came in to the pitsOK that was a later part of the testing when I tried auto refuel.
Is this the response I would get when I have auto refuel on?
21:19:07.901 : Listening for voice command...
21:19:07.901 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
21:19:07.901 : Getting audio from default device
21:19:11.367 : Invoking speech recognition...
21:19:11.367 : Cancelling wait for speech
21:19:11.393 : Recognised : pitstop add twenty liters Confidence = 0.925
21:19:11.393 : matching partial response pitstop add
21:19:11.394 : Pit Manager couldn't do FuelAddXlitres for this vehicle.

When I had auto fuel on and started with insufficient fuel, when I pitted, I didn't get fuel so ran out during next lap.
Using FVRV8 car and Kyalami GP 2012 Track. if that makes any difference.

I will do some more testing and let you know the outcomes. Thanks again for your time.
JT

EDIT: just tried with the MCR (mod from reiza) and auto fuel off and got this message.
08:13:45.518 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
08:13:45.518 : Getting audio from default device
08:13:48.051 : Invoking speech recognition...
08:13:48.051 : Cancelling wait for speech
08:13:48.091 : Recognised : pitstop add ten liters Confidence = 0.858
08:13:48.093 : matching partial response pitstop add
08:13:49.474 : Pit Manager initialise
08:13:49.477 : Pit Manager couldn't do FuelAddXlitres for this vehicle
08:13:57.940 : Fuel use per minute (basic calc) = 0.395 fuel(liters) left = 3.578

In the Aston Martin from S397

08:25:19.075 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
08:25:19.075 : Getting audio from default device
08:25:21.401 : Invoking speech recognition...
08:25:21.401 : Cancelling wait for speech
08:25:21.417 : Recognised : pitstop clear fuel Confidence = 0.881
08:25:21.417 : Matching entire response: "pitstop clear fuel"
08:25:21.866 : Pit Manager couldn't do FuelNone for this vehicle

AND

08:26:37.273 : Opened channel - waiting for speech
08:26:37.273 : Getting audio from default device
08:26:40.310 : Invoking speech recognition...
08:26:40.310 : Cancelling wait for speech
08:26:40.330 : Recognised : pitstop add ten liters Confidence = 0.944
08:26:40.330 : matching partial response pitstop add
08:26:40.331 : Pit Manager couldn't do FuelAddXlitres for this vehicle

Not sure if ti matters but I was in the new UI (rF2) for the testing. I will revert to old UI and see what happens. Fingers crossed. :)

JimmyT
11-09-2020, 23:08
Just checked in the old UI and still getting the same response from CC "pit manager couldn't do FuelAddXliters for this vehicle"
Tyres work fine.
I reset all my property settings to default and still no joy.

Seven Smiles
12-09-2020, 09:25
Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this. I could understand if none of the menus were working for you but just the fuel? CC clearly knows what it's supposed to do but Pit Manager couldn't do FuelAddXlitres for this vehicle. and the rest shows that it couldn't operate the FUEL category in the menu. Then a guess - maybe you're using gallons rather than litres. And that's it. Rather than displaying
FUEL: 20/5 rFactor shows
FUEL: 5.2/5and CC doesn't handle that, I'll fix it now.

mr_belowski
12-09-2020, 09:26
Good catch Tony :)

JimmyT
12-09-2020, 14:02
In rF2 I'm using metric and in CC I'm pretty sure I haven't changed any settings that use imperial.

Seven Smiles
12-09-2020, 14:07
Oh...

Well I've fixed the gallons problem.

Seven Smiles
12-09-2020, 17:15
@JimmyT PM sent

JimmyT
12-09-2020, 22:56
I have attached the fuel and pit strategy from rF2 here, this is the default for the car I'm driving but I have changed this to see if it affects the outcome.
I have tried without any other plugin except DAMPlugin and Steam Plugin (I usually have MotionSystems_rFactor2Connector64.dll running as well but removed that for a further test)
I've looked at all the settings in rF2 and can't see anything that I thought might conflict (I changed to a standard HUD, usually use SMG. I use the standard hangar for showroom and the standard GUI from S397)
The degug version of CC uses all default settings and the only thing I changed in that was to select push to talk.
When I went to shut down CC debug I got this message. (attached error message)

I appreciate the effort you're putting in for my benefit and I hope the feedback I'm giving is helping in some way (I really do want this to be a success story)
Thanks again for your time.

JT

JimmyT
13-09-2020, 03:23
Just to let you know, I got a mate who uses rF2 and CC to give this a try and he gets the same result as I do. We are both in Australia (not sure if that makes a difference)

Seven Smiles
13-09-2020, 08:48
OK, I should have put in a warning message. You have to edit Player.JSON to set "Relative Fuel Strategy":FALSE CC sets the actual fuel level rather than how much to add (though I think with a bit more code it could do both, I’ll look into that). When "Relative Fuel Strategy":TRUE the fuel display is +20/5 but CC works with 20/5

In your"...\UserData\player\player.JSON" file, there is an option called "Relative Fuel Strategy".
It is set to "true" by default meaning that the amount of Fuel you have selected will be added to what will be left in the tank at the moment of your pitstop. If you prefer your tank to be filled to this amount of Fuel, then you need to change this value to "false".
Be carefull when modifying this file to respect the comma (",") at the end of each line !

Thanks for your help getting to the bottom of this :cool:

Being in Australia doesn’t affect it though I was beginning to wonder if it was an internationalisation/language difference :D

JimmyT
13-09-2020, 09:28
Will give it a go and report back. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. :)

OK gave that a test and it worked as advertised. THANK YOU. I will pass the info on to my friend.

I see I'll need to be careful how I use it, as now the car fills to the amount I specify, where I've been used to it filling BY the amount specified.
You said you may look into whether you could make it work for both scenarios, I would appreciate that if it isn't going to cause you an excessive amount of extra work.

JT

Seven Smiles
13-09-2020, 09:55
Right, we've sacked that guy for lazy programming and poor documentation, the new guy Se7en Smiles will be updating the code to do things properly.

JimmyT
13-09-2020, 10:01
My apologies, I edited my previous post. Thanks.
If Se7en Smiles :D could look at making that fuel work in both scenarios it would be appreciated. (don't be too hard on the old programmer) ;)

Seven Smiles
16-09-2020, 16:09
Fixed in V 4.13.1.0

JimmyT
20-09-2020, 00:03
Thank you so much, I appreciate the fact the you guys go the extra mile.

Seven Smiles
20-09-2020, 07:32
:cool:

JimmyT
20-09-2020, 09:31
Works a treat. Did a chunk of testing with the fuel line in player.json "Relative Fuel Strategy":true, and the fuel can be set with the pit manager. Tyres work a treat too.
I won't have to try to see out of the corner of my VR to find that button to adjust my pit needs ever again.:cool::cool::D

mr_belowski
20-09-2020, 09:47
Thanks for all the feedback helping us get this polished up guys, and massive kudos to Tony who did all the hard work

JimmyT
21-09-2020, 10:31
Only too glad to help. I'm not a programmer but I'm good at breaking things (and hopefully good at describing how I did that);)
And once again thanks for this marvellous plugin.

Manfredk2
21-10-2020, 18:56
The pit menu manager is great. I only have problems to get rain tyres. The voice confirms wet tyres but pit menu manager shows soft tyres. I use GT3 cars

Seven Smiles
21-10-2020, 22:12
I will look into that. By GT3 cars I assume you mean the S397 ones?

Manfredk2
22-10-2020, 06:34
yes, S397 cars.

Edit: also tested S397 McLaren M23. Command "Pitstop Wet tyres" leads to Slicks Soft, although the chief confirms "Acknowledged wet tyres"

Seven Smiles
22-10-2020, 15:40
Confirmed, I'm working on a change to the code.

Manfredk2
22-10-2020, 16:15
Great, thank you very much :o

Manfredk2
30-10-2020, 17:54
Tried today Version 4.14.0.3 with some cars:

S397 Aston Martin GT3: car has soft, medium, hard an rain tyres. Soft, medium and hard are ok, Chief pitstop wet tyres leads to soft tyres

Formula ISI: car has wet, intermediate, supersoft, soft, medium and hard tyres: Soft, medium and hard are ok, intermediate, supersoft and wet lead to soft

S397 Indycar: car has alternate, prime and rain tyres: wet and alternate lead to prime tyres

S397 Oreca: car has soft, medium, hard, intermediate and rain tyres. Soft, medium and hard work. Intermediate and wet lead to soft tyres

all cars: the chief understands all commands and acknowledges wet tyres, intermediate tyres etc.

Seven Smiles
30-10-2020, 18:43
Bugger, I thought I had fixed that completely. Thanks for the detailed report, I'll see what's going on.

Manfredk2
01-11-2020, 08:27
Did some more tests, maybe that helps a bit..

Stockcar 2018: car has road and Wet tyres. everything working as expected
Same with Eve F1: car has Bias-Ply and wet tyres: everything is working as expected
Renault Megane: car has Dry and Wet tyres. Chief pitstop wet tyres leads to dry tyres
McLaren M23: car has soft, hard an rain tyres. Soft, and hard are ok, Chief pitstop wet tyres leads to soft tyres
Reiza´s Metalmoro MR18: car has Dry and Wet tyres. everything is working as expected

Seven Smiles
01-11-2020, 09:48
Thanks, that’s more cases I can add to the tests I’ve written. I’m thinking about the next version of the algorithm that converts soft/medium/hard/wet etc. into the tyre types in the the pit menu. Maybe I should use Machine Learning :D

Seven Smiles
01-11-2020, 13:58
No need for anything fancy, I'd just put a closing bracket on the wrong line :rolleyes: All tests pass now, the next release will have the change.

Manfredk2
11-11-2020, 16:51
A quick test with the Aston Martin GT 3 was a full success. I think you nailed it, Sir

M_Battaglia
03-11-2022, 20:04
Thanks. It basically scrolls through the various display panels until it reaches the pit menu then does some weird scrolling in the pit options. This is bad if you like it set to display a certain panel all the time, because you then have to scroll through them all manually again until you reach the one you want. Pretty annoying really, because it does this every time you leave the pit to enter the track.

Good to know it's being looked at though.

EXACTLY!! I have the same problem, made a video showing exactly what happens, would love to share it, but I don't have the rights/permission to share a video link here.....

Didn't use to have this with my FANATEC CSL Elite, but when I switched to my Simucube 2 Pro + CubeControls FPRO wheel, it started to happen. And it only happens in RACE, not any other mode. Also, I have tried to remove all key assignments, and the problem still persists.

Marko Helmet
03-11-2022, 20:47
EXACTLY!! I have the same problem, made a video showing exactly what happens, would love to share it, but I don't have the rights/permission to share a video link here.....

Didn't use to have this with my FANATEC CSL Elite, but when I switched to my Simucube 2 Pro + CubeControls FPRO wheel, it started to happen. And it only happens in RACE, not any other mode. Also, I have tried to remove all key assignments, and the problem still persists.

I'd forgotten all about this, not even sure how to test it again now haha :D

Seven Smiles
03-11-2022, 21:47
It's working as it's supposed to, the "weird scrolling" is CC finding out what menu options are available in the current car. Two things to note:
1) Untick Enable rF2 auto clear tyre change to stop it doing on the start line (but then rFactor will change tyres when you pit)
2) At the bottom of https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewChiefV4/VoiceRecognition_VoiceCommandsGrouped.html there is a list of commands to set which MFD is shown

GoobMB
28-10-2023, 19:48
Awesome stuff, this function.
I can just report a car which freaks the CC with tyres selection: Vanwall Vandervell LMH.
Unfortunately even "next compound" does not work with this car.

Seven Smiles
28-10-2023, 21:30
Ah, one of several cars I don't have. If you post the tyre compound names I can look at adding them or...
In rFactor 2 the tyre types are translated from hard/medium/soft etc. to whatever is available for the vehicle.
That requires quite a bit of magic so you may not end up with the tyres you expect. If that happens Pitstop, next tyre compound will select the next type of tyre or if you're adventurous you may try editing <Documents>\CrewChiefV4\rF2\TyreDictionary.json where you'll find each tyre type and a list of words from the names of tyres available in rF2. (https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewChiefV4/VoiceRecognition_VoiceCommandsPitstopManagement.ht ml)

GoobMB
29-10-2023, 09:48
Ah, one of several cars I don't have. If you post the tyre compound names I can look at adding them or...
In rFactor 2 the tyre types are translated from hard/medium/soft etc. to whatever is available for the vehicle.
That requires quite a bit of magic so you may not end up with the tyres you expect. If that happens Pitstop, next tyre compound will select the next type of tyre or if you're adventurous you may try editing <Documents>\CrewChiefV4\rF2\TyreDictionary.json where you'll find each tyre type and a list of words from the names of tyres available in rF2. (https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewChiefV4/VoiceRecognition_VoiceCommandsPitstopManagement.ht ml)

It is really well done little beast, reminds me Group C cars somehow.
This car has weird tyre choice.

Soft cold
Soft hot
Medium
Wet

What is interesting... "next tyre compound" does not do anything. CC confirms the choice, but it will not pick up next compound, it stays stucked on what it was originally.
I had it with some other car too, I think it was Acura ARX-05 DPI.

And this car has:
S7M - Soft
S8M - Medium
S9M - Hard
P2M - Wet

(no big love for prototypes, LeMans whatever here, but I am trying to find some to excuse myself for getting LMU later when it comes out :D).

By the way: is there a way I can map multiple buttons for "Talk to Crew chief" action? I use more wheels so I have to remap it every time I switch the wheel, but of course... sometimes I forgot to do it and then it is meeting the wall while trying to set up the car.
And I still need to figure out how to change tyre pressures directly, without surfing the menu which is totally out of LOS.

Seven Smiles
29-10-2023, 12:42
Thanks, I'll add those.

You can set up profiles for each wheel and start up CC with the appropriate one: https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewChiefV4/GameSpecific_CommandLineSwitches.html

I never finished tyre pressure handling, it can be done but as I've never changed them at a pit stop there wasn't much incentive.

GoobMB
29-10-2023, 14:17
Thanks man!
Oh, the pressures can be done? With voice? Like "increase fronts +1", "decrease rears -1" etc? I would so love it.
I unfortunately have to change them if I want to fulfil my obsession: weather conditions changing during the session.

Seven Smiles
29-10-2023, 16:51
Beta version for you to try that should fix the tyre compound menu
[deleted]
I think it will tell you to uninstall your existing CC but that doesn't (shouldn't!) affect your CC settings.

I was only going to copy the iRacing tyre pressure commands https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewChiefV4/VoiceRecognition_VoiceCommandsPitstopManagement.ht ml so to increase tyre pressures you'd have to give the Display pit menu command, read the existing pressure then say Pitstop, change front tyre pressures [ new value ]

GoobMB
29-10-2023, 18:10
Thanks! It actually wiped my CC, but kept profiles intact so it is easy to set it again.
This is interesting though> version 0.17.1.6? :D

https://i.imgur.com/CyDj9i1.png

Seven Smiles
29-10-2023, 18:20
I did that to indicate that it's a beta :cool:

GoobMB
30-10-2023, 20:38
I did that to indicate that it's a beta :cool:

OK, it works like charm, thanks a lot. I suppose I can keep adding these exotic tyres myself into the file when I meet them next time :D.

Now I have to figure out these tyre pressures.

Seven Smiles
30-10-2023, 21:47
That's good news - I'll put it in the next release.

When I said tyre pressures can be done I meant the code can be written to do it. It's not there for rFactor yet.