PDA

View Full Version : Getting "car must be stopped to exit" message out of nowhere

Randmann
05-08-2020, 00:49
Recently I have been getting the "car must be stopped to exit" message while driving, as though I am pressing ESC. This also happens on the grid where it boots you off the grid. When I don't run CC the issue goes away. I've emailed iracing support but wondered if anyone else is having the issue. I did turn off the faster parser option but it still happened.

Randmann
05-08-2020, 00:56
Oh, and I have swapped keyboards, remapped the tow function and done a re-install of both iracing and CC to no effect.

steves14
31-08-2020, 23:12
I have the exact same issue. I thought it was my Fanatec wheel, remapped the button to my G25 shifter, still happened. Remapped the button to my keyboard then turned off my keyboard (wireless) and it still happened. I effectively had no input device other than my wheel which had no tow button mapped and it would still happen. I am thinking Crewchief is responsible but have no idea why or how.

Randmann
01-09-2020, 00:29
Unfortunately that is what I concluded as well. If I do not use CC the problem goes away.

mr_belowski
01-09-2020, 07:11
This is probably the 'get out of car' macro being triggered by a misinterpretted voice command.

open the file Documents\CrewChiefV4\saved_command_macros.json (in notepad or whatever). At or very near the end should be a block that looks like this:

{
"name": "Get Out Of Car",
"description": "Presses ESC key for 2 sec.",
"voiceTriggers": [
"get out",
"fuck this shit"
],
"commandSets": [
{
"description": "iRacing version",
"gameDefinition": "IRACING",
"actionSequence": [
"ESC"
],
"keyPressTime": 2000,
"waitBetweenEachCommand": 200
}
]
},

you can either remove that entire block (including the coma at the end of it), or change the items in the "voiceTriggers" list inside it to be more specific - perhaps remove one of those items and change the other to be "i really really want to get out of the car please" or something

steves14
01-09-2020, 18:52
This is probably the 'get out of car' macro being triggered by a misinterpretted voice command.

open the file Documents\CrewChiefV4\saved_command_macros.json (in notepad or whatever). At or very near the end should be a block that looks like this:

{
"name": "Get Out Of Car",
"description": "Presses ESC key for 2 sec.",
"voiceTriggers": [
"get out",
"fuck this shit"
],
"commandSets": [
{
"description": "iRacing version",
"gameDefinition": "IRACING",
"actionSequence": [
"ESC"
],
"keyPressTime": 2000,
"waitBetweenEachCommand": 200
}
]
},

you can either remove that entire block (including the coma at the end of it), or change the items in the "voiceTriggers" list inside it to be more specific - perhaps remove one of those items and change the other to be "i really really want to get out of the car please" or something

changed the string to something long and obscene like you suggested and it appears to have fixed it!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Randmann
04-09-2020, 00:57
Three nights of racing and tests and the issue has gone. Thank you so much!