PDA

View Full Version : Italian Sound Pack

Gianfranco
15-08-2017, 11:34
Hi Jim,

i know you're very busy, i sent you four emails starting from January + one PM here one week ago, to know what are the plans in translations support, i try with a public post now.

From the italian sound pack first release, many people asked for the Android version in our forum, Facebook Page and Youtube channel and we always said that everything depended on your decisions.

Please, i would like to have any kind of answer so I can decide whether to continue or not the italian soundpack development, to make it compatible with CrewChief updates and Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, RaceRoom.

Projec CARS 2 is coming and it's already late to set up all the work I should do.

Sorry for this post, but I did not really know what else to do to get some answers.

P.S. for italian people who don't know the italian soundpack, search "ingegnere in italiano by projectcars.it", it was tested only with Project CARS, but i know that, even if not tested and completed, they use it in Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 and RaceRoom too.

mr_belowski
15-08-2017, 20:03
Ayup Gianfranco.

I can only apologise for not responding to your (entirely reasonable) questions. I have indeed been busy, but it's no excuse for rudeness.

As you'll have seen, there have been lots of changes in CC recently. The PC app has been extended a lot, with lots of new sounds including corner names, alternate spotter voices, yellow flag messages, personalisations, new number / time recordings, and many other things. I've not seen the PCars 2 data so don't know what's in it, but I expect more recordings and (lots) more development work will be needed.

The Android app has been updated to use Google's APK Expansion libraries (if you can all them that - they're hopelessly broken and needed to be rewritten). This lifts the 100Mb restriction on the app's size - the APK expansion allows the app to be however large it needs to be, which solves one of the main problems I was having with it. However, I don't think this would help you recoup some of your hard work and investment in the Italian sound pack - the app is a single paid app on the Play Store, as it was before.

Adding in-app purchases is a chunk of work I've not done and the truth is I simple don't have the time to do this. It changes so much about the app that I'd have to repackage it and sell it as a separate 'thing'.

The code to support manually adding a sound pack and using this is still part of the app but it's not being actively tested by me and I don't know what state it's in.

Distributing the app with an APK expansion that's region-specific is entirely possible and not difficult, so in theory at least the app could be distributed with multiple language sound packs, allowing the user to select which one to use. But this means incorporating your work into the product which I charge for, without a sensible way of knowing who's using what sound pack (other that guessing based on how many Italian customers there are).

So what can we do here?

I'm happy to spend some time working with you on the new functionality - the new message types and number reading (which will might work a lot better in Italian). The outcome of this work would be an updated pack. But you being properly paid for this work is a challenge. I have no sensible suggestions here other than a percentage of the sales to Italian users. But this feels like a crap way to arrange this - it relies on us guessing what a sensible amount is, how much work there is, what the support issues are likely to be, and me being open and honest about it all (which I will be of course, but it's always going to be an issue).

Once again, I apologise for not responding sooner and needing this public kick up the arse

Jim

Gianfranco
16-08-2017, 09:39
I'm really happy to finally have an answer from you, I was a bit disoriented, I couldn't really understand what was going on.

Your apology is obviously accepted, if it's not an issue I'll contact you by PM as soon as I have prepared some questions and proposals I have for you.

Meanwhile, for the italian drivers reading this topic, I'll leave here the video showing the latest version (released in january) of our soundpack in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoDjXKHHJVs

mr_belowski
16-08-2017, 11:59
thanks Gianfranco.

I'm happy to discuss it further when you're ready

Jim

DiegoColafabio
17-12-2017, 19:42
As an italian guy, i would like to see this work available for other sims as well, like iRacing. Lovely work.

Sparten
06-07-2018, 07:02
@Gianfranco can you please activate my account on your forum, i need to get a copy of the Italien pack to fix a few bugs.

ZaGoR
15-06-2019, 08:37
Someone can post me Italian Pack pls?
Is very important for me.
Thank you

emanuele267
17-06-2019, 11:09
Someone can post me Italian Pack pls?
Is very important for me.
Thank you

me too, would be fancied.
Thank you

mr_belowski
17-06-2019, 11:39
Guys, we don't provide the Italian sound pack - this is something Gianfranco created and distributes. I can't confirm his website (I'm at work) but it's something like projectcars.it.

~IsR~Barabba
11-10-2019, 10:54
the Gianfranco pack I'm fixing myself, now as I was saying in the official rF2 forum, everything works except for the lap times, this is because in the CC updates, the name of the number folders has changed.
Surely a new system is better.

I wanted to ask the developers if there is a way, perhaps with text files to tell the CC, to take the numbers in the old way?
In order to make the Gianfranco Pack fully operational
maybe put an example, then compile it myself.
always if this is feasible.

this also waiting for MatteAce to finish the Italian Pack, I sent a MP several days ago and it has not yet answered me.

Thank you for your time that you dedicate to this fabulous tool.

Babs :)

mr_belowski
11-10-2019, 11:52
CC updates shouldn't be breaking the old Italian pack laptime reading, this is news to me. The Italian pack should have its own number reading logic that uses (in some cases) different sound recordings. Do you have any logs or more specific examples?

~IsR~Barabba
11-10-2019, 16:14
ok I'll send you link packs, which I edited.
so, you can try and see if maybe I did something wrong.

~IsR~Barabba
09-12-2019, 06:46
do we have any news on this project to implement the old pack that I sent you with a new CC?
I sent you private messages but you never answered me.

best regards

Babs :)

emanuele267
19-04-2020, 09:03
Hi For Italian nothing to do???? thank you