PDA

View Full Version : Fuel calculation with timed + laps session

Wormaap
10-06-2020, 14:41
In a league I drive in, we drive in a heat format (practice, quali, heat race (with all cars), feature race). The races are set to be time-limited. The league organisers tell me it's not possible to have the heats be time-limited only, and they need to fill in a number of laps as well. To keep things simple, they entered 250 laps for all races.
The issue that pops up, is that Crew Chief bases the fuel calculation on the 250 laps, rather than the (for example) 30 minutes of the heat. This means that the car is always filled up completely when entering the pits.

Is there any way to change this behavior? In time-limited races in the official series (without the number of laps set as well), CC does the calculation perfectly fine, so simply calculating for laps and time and taking the lowest value should work.

Alternatively: if there is indeed a way to set up time-limited heats without entering laps, I'd be happy to hear that as well, since that mitigates the issue as well, of course :)

Many thanks for any answers!

Sparten
10-06-2020, 14:52
You could set "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" to a negative value its based on laps worth of additional fuel and it does accept a negative value, i think this is the only option you have for now if you want CC to calculate fuel.

Wormaap
11-06-2020, 10:00
You could set "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" to a negative value its based on laps worth of additional fuel and it does accept a negative value, i think this is the only option you have for now if you want CC to calculate fuel.

That's a pretty good tip, actually :) It does mean I'll have to do a quick calculation before the race myself, but at least I won't have to bother during the race.