PDA

View Full Version : How is remaining fuel calculated?

azairvine
27-05-2020, 01:46
I'd like a better understanding of what variables CC uses to calculate the remaining fuel. I needed to save fuel in a race yesterday and it ended up being 4 laps off on a 60 lap run. This turned out to be significant as I didn't have to slow down as much as I did, and therefore has a huge impact on the race.

Can someone please explain to me the data used to estimate the fuel usage? From what I experienced in that race I'm assuming it uses the fuel usage from the ENTIRE race - if that's the case it's really unhelpful when you go into fuel saving mode.

Are there settings I can change to take the average of the last x laps or last x minutes for example?

Sparten
27-05-2020, 07:48
Like this:
https://gitlab.com/mr_belowski/CrewChiefV4/-/blob/master/CrewChiefV4/Events/Fuel.cs

mr_belowski
27-05-2020, 09:15
there's an option to force the app to always use the fuel consumption on the worst lap for its calculations - so if you're fuel saving, the app will still base its estimate on the lap where you used the most fuel. This property is enabled by default for oval tracks and can be enabled for all tracks with the 'Base fuel calculations on max fuel consumption' property.

By default on road courses the app will base its fuel estimates on the previous few laps or minutes of racing (the exact number depends on the track length)

azairvine
27-05-2020, 10:48
there's an option to force the app to always use the fuel consumption on the worst lap for its calculations - so if you're fuel saving, the app will still base its estimate on the lap where you used the most fuel. This property is enabled by default for oval tracks and can be enabled for all tracks with the 'Base fuel calculations on max fuel consumption' property.

By default on road courses the app will base its fuel estimates on the previous few laps or minutes of racing (the exact number depends on the track length)

Thank you.

I've had a look at the settings, and based on your reply it seems as though ovals ALWAYS use the fuel consumption on the worst lap? (I cannot find an option to disable it for ovals). Is there something in the code I can modify so it uses the last x laps, or a voice command to reset the fuel consumption in the middle of a fuel saving run?

I may be misinterpreting it, but it seems odd to force max fuel consumption on ovals.