PDA

View Full Version : Looking for volunteer to record Spotter sounds

The Iron Wolf
23-07-2017, 18:25
We wanted to ask for your help guys. We are looking for a volunteer to record Spotter sounds in American English. Current British English recording consists of 75 sounds.

As you may know, in oval races Spotter and Chef are not the same person. We would like to add a drop down to allow selection of various voices for Spotter functionality.

Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks!

The Iron Wolf
24-07-2017, 14:03
Check out those instructions if you'd like to contribute: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?158-Information-about-recording-additional-spotter-sounds

oOBATOo
28-07-2017, 14:47
Hi If I may participate as a commentary here. I am digging the new sound options for crew chief (these spotter voices). However your missing the two sound files "ok ile spot" "ok no spotting calls" ... and any variations. It don't sound right to me to have Jim say these when there is a lady "Clare"(Excellent work Clare) could we have the additional spots announce the spotting calls and none is this an option?? Just my two Penney's worth.

mr_belowski
29-07-2017, 14:59
shit, good spot man, I'll request them

runphilrun
31-07-2017, 03:50
This sounds like a fun way to contribute. I'll record a set this week and see how it goes. Where should I send the WAV files?

The Iron Wolf
31-07-2017, 04:20
Please upload zip to some of your favorite cloud sharing service and share the link with us, you can drop it here :)

Make sure to review this before proceeding: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?158-Information-about-recording-additional-spotter-sounds

Sparten
31-07-2017, 06:22
Ohh and make a spam post! you need to have minimum of 2 posts before you can post links :)

oOBATOo
31-07-2017, 09:32
shit, good spot man, I'll request them

Dont know if they did not make it into the latest 4.7.8.0 or not but still missing.
Got the spotter radio check message so that was different, I was talking of the option/s to turn spotting off and on via a button on the controller and thus play the spotter saying no spot ect....

Edit:
On the second run I hear you Jim Tell them no spotting calls disregard top post bit.
Yah

mr_belowski
31-07-2017, 10:02
Yeah, still waiting for the new sounds here so I added spotter name specific enable / disable sounds of my own - these are placeholders and will be replaced

runphilrun
05-08-2017, 05:07
I couldn't get rid of some mouth clicks and the audio may be on the quiet side, I hope that's okay. I watched a bunch of reference video to get a feel for the sound.

I included a clip of "quiet" audio in case you need to filter out some of the noise.

This is my first time voice acting. Let me know if you want me to record another set (louder, different audio settings, no mouth clicks, less background noise, etc.). I'm glad to contribute to this awesome app! It's a little intimidating to have to stand up to the fine voice work that's already in place :)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5EooXKUrvfUS2NPZFR3amstdUk/view?usp=sharing

The Iron Wolf
05-08-2017, 23:04
I couldn't get rid of some mouth clicks and the audio may be on the quiet side, I hope that's okay. I watched a bunch of reference video to get a feel for the sound.

I included a clip of "quiet" audio in case you need to filter out some of the noise.

This is my first time voice acting. Let me know if you want me to record another set (louder, different audio settings, no mouth clicks, less background noise, etc.). I'm glad to contribute to this awesome app! It's a little intimidating to have to stand up to the fine voice work that's already in place :)

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5EooXKUrvfUS2NPZFR3amstdUk/view?usp=sharing
Thank you :)

We now have enough of alternative spotter personas in Crew Chief, thanks to all the contributors!

runphilrun
06-08-2017, 00:40
Thank you :)

We now have enough of alternative spotter personas in Crew Chief, thanks to all the contributors!

Great! Please include this persona under the name "Phil"