PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off pit speed warning?

speedcraft
18-03-2020, 23:40
I'm doing a lot of dirt oval racing lately, and when running the bottom of the track I end up getting pit speed warnings from CrewChief every lap (often twice a lap). I searched the program options for a control to turn pit speed warnings off, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

Thanks!

Toe_Cutter
16-04-2020, 03:47
I've got the same issue, I've been through everything trying to get rid of it...to no avail.
Hopefully someone can help us out.

mr_belowski
16-04-2020, 10:31
i'll add an option to suppress this. In the mean time, you can delete or rename the sound file's folder and this will prevent the message from playing. Rename the folder
c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\mandatory_ pit_stops\pit_speed_limit\

Toe_Cutter
16-04-2020, 11:51
i'll add an option to suppress this. In the mean time, you can delete or rename the sound file's folder and this will prevent the message from playing. Rename the folder
c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\mandatory_ pit_stops\pit_speed_limit\

Perfect work-around, thanks :)

Toe_Cutter
16-04-2020, 12:30
I found I also had to rename watch_your_pit_speed and watch_your_speed as they both get triggered on the low line.
Solved all issues now though, and it's bloody great :D
Thanks!

speedcraft
17-04-2020, 18:42
I've been away for a bit, but thank you very much for the workaround!

Midmark
14-01-2023, 08:06
Is this still the way I have to do this? Or is there a option in the app to turn it off?