PDA

View Full Version : Install path

Bull Shark
12-05-2019, 16:18
Every time when there is a new version it asks for the installation path. Every time I need to change the Drive letter to D\: instead of the default C:\. Not a big deal of course but isn't there a way to let the application look for the currently installed location and install it there by default?

Bull Shark
24-05-2019, 20:23
No idea on this question?

mr_belowski
24-05-2019, 22:43
it's been raised a few times and, thanks to InstallShield and its catastrophic shitness, it's unreasonably hard to do, sorry fella

Bull Shark
25-05-2019, 11:01
it's been raised a few times and, thanks to InstallShield and its catastrophic shitness, it's unreasonably hard to do, sorry fella

Ah ok.. Well no problem. I'll keep change that driver letter manually. Thanks for the feedback mr_belowski .

Bull Shark
13-07-2019, 17:54
Looks like you’ve managed it mr_belowski. Yesterday I updated to the latest version and it choose the D drive by default. ;)

mr_belowski
13-07-2019, 18:12
That's all Morten's work - he completely reworked the installer with a different technology. Glad to hear it works

Bull Shark
14-07-2019, 14:45
That's all Morten's work - he completely reworked the installer with a different technology. Glad to hear it works

Yeah cool thanks for the effort. It was not a big deal but nice to see the new installer works. Drink a beer on my account. Bottoms up.