Thread: Driver towed to pits announced as new race leader

Driver towed to pits announced as new race leader

When somebody gets tow to pits, CC sometimes announce him as new race leader.
    From sim/track perspective he is indeed the car most in front at that moment, which is probably cause of this message. Maybe CC needs to check also info, if the car is in pits and in case yes, not announcing him as a new race leader.
    Btw. might be also nice feature to announce who enters pit (either towed or the regular way). In case of regular pit stop, optionally also time spent in pit stop might be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeon View Post
    When somebody gets tow to pits, CC sometimes announce him as new race leader.
    From sim/track perspective he is indeed the car most in front at that moment, which is probably cause of this message. Maybe CC needs to check also info, if the car is in pits and in case yes, not announcing him as a new race leader.
    Btw. might be also nice feature to announce who enters pit (either towed or the regular way). In case of regular pit stop, optionally also time spent in pit stop might be announced.
    We are aware of towed vehicle becoming leader issue and we have experimental fix for lap based races. Not sure when this fix will go live, because I do not have trace of
    time based races to make sure everything works well there too. If there are volunteers willing to help us make progress faster, please ping me I'll explain what needs to be done.

Just so that you guys are aware, do not get your hopes too high here. iRacing does not provide accurate live position data, so while we've came up with workarounds, my gut feel and experience tells me there will be situations CC will make wrong announcements. This is not a CC problem, rather a fundamental issue with iRacing data.

Latest beta has some fixes that should reduce situations where towed vehicle messes grid order up:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ta-Test-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Latest beta has some fixes that should reduce situations where towed vehicle messes grid order up:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ta-Test-Thread
    So far with new version I did not experienced described issue, seems the fix works well. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeon View Post
    So far with new version I did not experienced described issue, seems the fix works well. Thank you!
    thanks for reporting this, good to know!