Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Device Selection

Question Audio Device Selection

Hi,

I'm new to Crew Chief, I've only just installed it for use with iRacing.

I have to say installation was pretty painless, updated everything and installed the Microsoft Speech runtimes to get it working.

I do however have a question.

Is it possible to select what device the audio is output on? Or does it just default to the Windows Default device?

I only ask as I'd like my PC to use the built in soundcard, but have Crew Chief use my Logitech headset for output, as I do for all the audio output and communication in iRacing.

I've currently had to set the PC to default to the headset, and it would be nice not to have to keep switching back and forth when not in Sim.

Thanks

To my knowledge from my installation, you have to stick with default. I tried in Iracing different combinations but that did not work. Some games give you the option separate sounds.

Run the app, Right click your speaker icon in the tray and click "Open Sound settings", in the righthand side of the window there is something "App volume and device settings" click that as well, here windows lets you select both output device and input device pr app.

Thanks Sparten, I found that on my own eventually, although for some reason when I first set Crew Chief to use my headset it screwed up all the sounds, and I had to reboot to get the sound back in iRacing.

However, I've got it all sorted now and it's working fine.

Scratch that, it does not consistently play on the headset, even though it's set to in the sound settings ... weird.

I have tried to do this through Windows 10 settings with the output going to headset, and the background noise comes in through the headset, but the crew chief and spotter radio checks still go through speakers.

Yep had this exact same issue today myself, seems to be related to windows update witch also broke other things on my system, anyways an option to reset apps back to default device on that same page clicking that fixed this issue for me.

Current situation for me is that when I first run Crew Chief after turning my PC on, I have to change the main windows sound settings to the headset, then back to the soundcard for Crew Chief to use the headset.

I am not sure what happened, but today I had my headset off and on my desk. I started the crew chief app, getting ready to run iRacing and it asked to update, so I did. When it updated and I started the app, the radio check came out of my headset. I was very happy, thinking maybe an update fixed the issue I was having. I played for a few hours and the crewchief was working as desired entirely out of the headset. I took a break and closed all open applications. Upon starting CC back up, it is back to how it was before with background noise in the headset and crewchief and spotter out of the speakers. Oh well. I will figure this thing out eventually!

Rexy, I just tried your workaround and it works for me. Changing audio to headset, then back to speakers makes CC work entirely out of the headset. I may have to get that setup in nircmd so I can just doubleclick an icon on my destkop to make this work on demand. Thanks for the tip Rexy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast