Thread: Recent Update (09-JAN-2016) Woes...

Recent Update (09-JAN-2016) Woes...

Tonight, as I was getting setup to run our league's first race of the season, I started Crew Chief and got the update notice. So naturally I ran the update.

After the update though, the program window would not stay on screen. I would start it, I could see the window flash on screen for a split second and then it would disappear like it had been minimized. No matter what I do the application window will not appear. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. In fact, in Task Manager it even says it's running, but there's no application window. The thing is, before tonight's update it worked perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Not seen that. Is it minimising to the system tray? You could try resetting the app to default settings - delete the .../AppData/local/britton_it_ltd/ folder

It is running for me but when I launch iRacing I just get this error repeating constantly in the main CC window

Error reading game data at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingData..ctor(iRacingSDK sdk, Boolean hasNewSessionData, Boolean isNewSession) in c:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingData.cs:line 167
    at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingSharedMemoryReader.Read GameData(Boolean forSpotter) in c:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingSharedMemoryReader.cs:line 201

As a result there are no messages coming through from Crew Chief in the game.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    we're going to put a hotfix out for this tonight (at least, that's the plan )

[edit]

fix has been released

That was it! Thanks for suggestion! I'm not sure why, but it was minimizing to the system tray.