Thread: Volume Increase/Decrease buttons not working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Volume Increase/Decrease buttons not working

Hi All,

First of all let me say that this software really ROCKS.

I have a little problem with the assignation of the volume buttons: I use the pc soundcard for iRacing sound, and a Headset (Hyper X) for CrewChief. I addressed the increase and decrease volume buttons, and when I press them I actually see the Messages Volume bar sliding up and down. The problem? the volume does not change at all. To do so, I have to point the mouse on the slide, and moving it, the sound increase or decrease.

Any ideas where could be the problem?

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Fulvio

Just noticed this as well. Bumping thread.

(I wanted to use buttons to "mute" Crewchief while talking with fellow drivers via Teamspeak).
    Last edited by manor; 04-05-2019 at 14:49.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    ok, i'll take a look at that code tonight

[edit]

i can't reproduce this issue. I've added a mute button function for the next release, but the volume up / down button assignments are working for me

Problem looks to be related to nAudio. If I disable nAudio it all works as supposed.

But nAudio (for playback) is needed by me to be able to select a "secondary" device for voice messages (Astro wireless transmitter).

And as said before, the mouse interaction works, only the action bindings for increase/decrease message volumes id problematic. The indicator moves but no change in volume.

Great with a mute action.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Ah, ok, I'll look at the nAudio code there

[edit]

this is intentional. When using nAudio the volume sliders don't update the message volume. I have absolutely no idea why I've written it like this and I have absolutely no memory of doing it. Clearly I'm sniffing too much glue. I'll see what I can do

Got the new version. Not working with nAudio (and my settings) Somehow the volume is changed/"muted" for my default audio device all the time. Not my chosen messages playback device. I can see the volume meter for my default audio device changning when opening windows Volume mixer and selecting default device. Selecting my nAudio device, i.e. Headset Earphone (ASTRO Wireless Transmitter), no volume change is seen.

Maybe hard to address the actual device used?