Thread: How to connect CC to PS4 headset

How to connect CC to PS4 headset

Hi guys,

I found this awesome app and it is almost perfect. I paired it with my PS4 and Project cars 2. It works.
    But I use for 99% of races headset from Sony (original for PS4) because we are in party with other guys and also sound is better than from normal speakers.
    But that's the issue. How to combine sound from PS4 and sound from PC (Tablet) with crew chief app? I mean how to combine these two sounds into my headset? Any idea?

I tried to wear my headset over normal Apple earpods and it is not comfortable. It works, but it is not good.
    Thanks for your advices guys.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    You might be able to use an audio splitter cable to combine the android audio with the PS4 audio, but I have no idea how this might be achieved, sorry

You would need a head set with an additional audio input, like the Turtle Beach Stealth 700.

I used this mixer, when driving on Xbox, before I went to PC:
    https://www.pepperdecks.com/products/5-djoclate

I've been able to do exactly what the OP needs.

Key item is a headphone splitter cable (less than £5 on Amazon but probably cheaper ones around) that has one male 3.5mm jack at one end and two female 3.5mm ports at the other end. Plug the male end into the headphone socket of your pc/laptop/tablet. Use another cable which has two male 3.5mm jacks at each end (again very cheap) and plug one end into one of the female ports of the cable now attached to your pc, and the other end into your ps4 Dualshock controller (just under the ps4 start button). Finally plug your headphones (assuming your headphones have a 3.5mm jack) into the other female port of the splitter cable.

Turn everything on and fire up as normal, including (importantly) the Dualshock controller. You should now hear both the game and CrewChief through your headphones. If not, you may need to tweak the PC sound settings to force it to channel sound through the correct device, but I didn't have to. There are plenty of YouTube vids explaining how to do that.

Last bit of advice is to set the Dualshock controller to never turn off via the Power Management menu on your ps4. If it's set to 30 minutes or something and you don't touch the controller (as you may be using a wheel) it'll turn off and you'll lose the game sound.

Hope this helps!