Thread: Chief just doesn’t understand

Chief just doesn’t understand

I started using this the other day and love it! The info on the radio is just outstanding. However, I am having problems with Jim understanding me. He has no problem understanding me when I ask what time it is and gives me the time. I have also raed, sadly, that iRacing doesn’t provide him with tire or damage data. But I can’t get any of the other commands to work. I either get ”no data” or some version of “I didn’t get that.” I even tried reading every version of “set alarm” in the help guide.

What is the problem?

Ok, I spent time parked at the edge of the track going through these. I am guessing it does understand me. It appears that a number of the commands work and a number do not. I assume that has to do with which software, iRacing for me, being used. It would be far less frustrating if that was better documented. The list points out iRacing only commands but nothing about what does not work in iRacing.

A lot has to do with the car. Some cars have sensors and some do not for thing like tires.

Not sure if you got it working, but I set the push to talk button option to "Press and release" so you just press the button and release it and then talk and that eliminated the problem of the crew chief not understanding.. Hope this helps

I think I am guilty of starting the command just as I press the button, instead of pressing the button, then saying the command.