Thread: Speech Recognition KO

Speech Recognition KO

Dear All,

When I try to use voice recognition in CrewChief, Jim always reponds that he can't hear me or that I am breaking up.

I have tried the troubleshooting procedure here and 2 different headsets (Odyssey+ and Plantronics) with the same result.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Thx.

Are you trying to use the Korean pack ?, it has to be one of the english versions for the default behavior to work, installing a different language pack is possible but it will take some work to get working as all commands needs to be converted.

I am also having the same problem and would greatly appreciate any info and help..
    I am using the english pack.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Are you trying to use the Korean pack ?, it has to be one of the english versions for the default behavior to work, installing a different language pack is possible but it will take some work to get working as all commands needs to be converted.
    I am using US English.

See this: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?28-F-a-q&p=3238&viewfull=1#post3238
    and this: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?547-Speech-recognition-trouble-shooting

Lastly, recently I changed my setup so it became noisy and I had hard time getting SR to work. How I solved it was:
    * I changed to cheap web conferencing microphone instead of CV1.
    * Lowered microphone gain until surrounding noise no longer show in volume meter.

Now it works better than before.