Thread: Not recognizing G27 wheel "assign control"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not recognizing G27 wheel "assign control"

Went through all the steps to setup, may have done something wrong. I did the Scan for Controllers and it did find my Logitech G27 wheel, when I went to Talk to Crew Chief not assigned, clicked on that and then went to the "assign control" button and it automatically goes to button 8. In the console text it says "Got button at index 8". I have the voice recognition mode turned to "hold button". Did not work in the assign button.

I can talk and the microphone is working because I can say "How much fuel" and the crew chief will respond with the correct information. But I am not pushing any button. I would like to assign a button on my steering wheel to create a button to assign the command. What am I doing wrong????

Lastly, how can you change it from meters to gallons?

First make sure you stop CC then assign the button. Make sure you have selected the press and hold option. Start CC then hold down the button for the entire command then release.

You may have selected the press to turn on CC not the hold while giving a command.

I made the same mistake.

The gallons is in the Properties. I think it is a separate selection from US units.
    Last edited by Randy1; 29-11-2018 at 15:52.

The CC is not on, I checked to make sure I have that radio button pushed but the assign goes automatically to button 8. The issue I think is why is it going straight to button 8. I would think it would allow me to assign what ever button I choose. I did find the gallon feature. Thanks.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The assignment process uses the first button it sees as pressed. So it sounds like you have stuck button. Or maybe you have an h-pattern shifter? If so, ensure its in neutral

Thank you. Yes, it was the H shifter. I took it and put it in neutral and was able to fix the button. Everything working great. Your software is really great. Trying to figure out how to have more of a stock car feel around the crew chief, saw the add on pack, but wasn't able to understand what files to do where and would rather have an executable. Any time that you may have a normal software download inside the CC that you can give to us oval guys? Thanks again for the help.