Thread: CC v4 closing.

CC v4 closing.

I have been using CC successfully for a while, then over the weekend, that all stopped. I had a few BSODs and had to run file checker a few times to sort out the stability of win10. After that CC opens then simply closes again immediately. I don't believe it's an issue with CC but more with some file/s in windows. But despite a millions installs, uninstalls and repairs of CC, it won't run.

Before I do a fresh win10 install I was hoping there may be some hope of getting CC to run. I was hoping to identify the possibly corrupt files in win10.

Any ideas?

Event viewer.
    Faulting application name: CrewChiefV4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5bf1805f
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00007ff8c68bffff
    Faulting process id: 0x2b6c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d47fd16236341e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: cd5f19a9-5e2a-4158-878f-913413849c4b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

.net runtime error
    Application: CrewChiefV4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF8C68BFFFF
    TIA ,
    JPR.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Try deleting the c:/Users/[user name]/AppData/local/britton_it_ltd folder. This will reset the app back to default

AppData is a hidden folder

Thanks for that. i had followed every thread on here about deleting stuff but nothing worked. Sometimes on a reinstall it didn't create a britton_it-ltd folder. But I do think it was a windows file issue somewhere due to the bsods.

Anyway full win10 fresh install and back to having CC working again. Ah, that blissfull swearing!! I can't race without now ...

cheers
    JPR