Thread: Assign button to speech recognition problem

Assign button to speech recognition problem

If I assign a button on my Fanatec wheel (hold and release) crew chief acts like I would press the button over and over (like beep, beep, beep). I ran into that problem before and was able to solve it somehow. Now I changed wheel rims lately and I have that problem again and cannot remember for the life of me how I solved it the first time. In game and in the driver all is fine with the wheel buttons. Only crew chief acts this way.

I guess I got it. You have to assign the button while iracing is running. I have no idea why that is, but it seems to have solved the problem.

Is this issue on the McLaren rim ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Is this issue on the McLaren rim ?
    I just started using the Mclaren rim and I have this same exact issue. I didn't have the issue previously using the same wheelbase but a different rim (the P1). So far I've tried a regular push button, and 3 position toggle. Both switches act the same way with crew chief. Chief just keeps beeping in. It's acting like the button is always pressed. After I read the fix posted above, I tried to set the button with iRacing running, and that didn't work either. For now I'm just sticking to calling Chief's name out loud.