Thread: Doc about compiling CC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doc about compiling CC

Hi Guys,

Is there a doc around about how to compile CC from source ?
    I am not familiar with C# but maybe I would try to do some stuff...

Thanks,
    Mitya

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Running the app from within an IDE is pretty simple - you need Visual Studio (I use VS 2013, probably easier to stick with that but should work with later versions). You also need to install the Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine SDK. The other dependencies can be resolved from within the IDE using the NuGet package manager. I don't think anything else is needed but give me a shout if you have problems

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Running the app from within an IDE is pretty simple - you need Visual Studio (I use VS 2013, probably easier to stick with that but should work with later versions). You also need to install the Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine SDK. The other dependencies can be resolved from within the IDE using the NuGet package manager. I don't think anything else is needed but give me a shout if you have problems
    Hi !

I am coming from the Linux world (using GNU tools), so I was looking for some Makefile or something similar, but did not find it
    (maybe I missed something..)

So in VS, what project type do I need to choose (I think I have VS 2017 community edition ??? ) ?
    Which folder should I browse in when I open the "application" ?

Anyway, let me play with it in the evening, I just wanted to know about the fundamental requirements for this..

I will let you know how it went ..

Thanks,
    Mitya

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    it's a *long* time since i did project setup stuff for CC, but you should just be able to import the project straight into the IDE - probably the .sln file in the root folder of the project

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    it's a *long* time since i did project setup stuff for CC, but you should just be able to import the project straight into the IDE - probably the .sln file in the root folder of the project
    I could compile it successfully. If I run it from the IDE, will it interfere with my installed instance ? I think yes, because both would use my home directory (c:\Users\Mitya) as the root folder right ?
    Is it possible to define a different dir ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMitya View Post
    I could compile it successfully. If I run it from the IDE, will it interfere with my installed instance ? I think yes, because both would use my home directory (c:\Users\Mitya) as the root folder right ?
    Is it possible to define a different dir ?
    It does not interfere with installed instance (unless you run a script to patch install). But it will read some things from AppData, and some things from the repo. Configuration will not be affected, because different config file is produced for app ran under debugger (different exe hosted by vshost).