Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PitStop time calculation

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The issue here is that time loss can vary, even for the same car / track / game combo. If the benchmark is recorded during a refuelling stop but a few days later you race the same combo but only need tyres this time, it'll use the old and inaccurate benchmark.

I can't decide whether this is an edge case or not

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    The issue here is that time loss can vary, even for the same car / track / game combo. If the benchmark is recorded during a refuelling stop but a few days later you race the same combo but only need tyres this time, it'll use the old and inaccurate benchmark.

I can't decide whether this is an edge case or not
    Thats true. But how would an only "in-memory" value help out here ?
    otherwise it is really up to you I think. Everybody can accept if it is turned off by default.

The good thing for turning it off by default is that the "fingerprint" is smaller of CC and also don't need disk IO during the race...
    Last edited by ZMitya; 08-11-2018 at 09:46.

in-memory only means that any benchmark you collected from a previous race event will have long since disappeared, so the app will have no data (rather than stale data)

[edit]

i think it's probably a nice feature to enable by default. The file is small and the overhead is trivial - it's updated after a pitstop but only when you explicitly ask for a benchmark (so never writes the file during a race). The file is read when the app starts up so there's no IO overhead here. I'll enable it by default and when I get GitHub hate-mail (like this one https://github.com/mrbelowski/CrewChiefV4/issues/362), maybe I'll disable it

that's in today's release. Give me a yell if it all explodes (it worked correctly for me...)

that's in today's release. Give me a yell if it all explodes (it worked correctly for me...)
    Great news, thanks..
    Will test in the evening

it seems to be working for me as well !

Really thanks for this, appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12