Thread: Couple issues - F1 pressures and fuel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Couple issues - F1 pressures and fuel

I came a cross an issue with the McLaren F1 car, I gave the command 'Pitstop change all tyres', the tyres were selected but the pressure changed. I was practising pitting procedure and did this multiple times lap after lap, not realising the pressures were changing until about the fourth time. The pressure was adjusted slightly each time until it reached a particular point. I understand the F1 car allows very small pressure adjustments compared to other cars so maybe that's where the issue stems from.

The other thing with this car is fuel is in kg along with a few other cars in iRacing. I understand from other posts here that CC always works in litres as that's what iRacing requires. When a car uses kg can CC report fuel stats in kg? For instance I often ask 'How's my fuel?' to know how much fuel I use per lap but it's meaningless to get told how many litres I'm using when the car uses kg.

Regarding tire pressure, when pitting without having used a set tire pressure command we set the pressure to this value(there is one for each tire)
    /// <summary>
    /// LF tire cold pressure as set in the garage
    /// </summary>
    public System.Single LFcoldPressure;

This value(including comments) comes directly from the games shared memory and if this is incorrect there is not much we can do about it, other then report it to iracing devs.

As for fuel in kg i did start on adding something for this some weeks back but i think i got a bit bored with it and got side tracked into something else, i'll have another peek at it.

I assume it's something that only affects this car, it allows psi changes of 0.1 whereas I think most other cars are 0.5.