Thread: CrewChiefV4.msi - Windows Defender reporting as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation CrewChiefV4.msi - Windows Defender reporting as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Hi,
    I was planning to include the CC in a video tutorial and its something I've used for a long time myself and have never had issues. Windows Defender is now complaining about the installer so I was going to include a note in the video on this being a false positive and to just continue installing.

Can someone confirm the status on this since I don't wish to either frighten users or risk getting into trouble

Note I downloaded using Chrome. And I see there was a post on this yesterday so sorry to bother, just to make sure that all is ok..

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    just re-submitted the installer and .exe and both come up clean

Ok noted, will proceed then and thanks! Will post a link here once the video is up...

I am also getting the same message of a Trojan virus. This was also after a Windows update today (25/09/2018)

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    re-submitted the installer to MS. This is getting very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    re-submitted the installer to MS. This is getting very annoying
    Hi There
    Having similar issue, already had CC installed, great app, but anyway it stopped working the other day, every time i opened it would close after 5 seconds. Tried running repair to no avail. So i decided to uninstall and reinstall it. Windows defender on Windows 10 keeps failing as the Trojan Virus. So i just disabled defender and downloaded, All good on the download and install. Got CC up and running and reactivated Defender and it immediately shut it down, So i am thinking it is defender that has been stopping CC running. I think i was running 4.5.2 version of CC. Not sure how to move forward with this issue

Hi, the video I mentioned is now live at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=759TcHZCBww I included a section at the end on setting up the CC which I hope helps and is okay