Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: CrewChiefV4.msi - Windows Defender reporting as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6

    Exclamation CrewChiefV4.msi - Windows Defender reporting as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

    Hi,
    I was planning to include the CC in a video tutorial and its something I've used for a long time myself and have never had issues. Windows Defender is now complaining about the installer so I was going to include a note in the video on this being a false positive and to just continue installing.

    Can someone confirm the status on this since I don't wish to either frighten users or risk getting into trouble

    Note I downloaded using Chrome. And I see there was a post on this yesterday so sorry to bother, just to make sure that all is ok..

  2. #2
    Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,126
    just re-submitted the installer and .exe and both come up clean

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6
    Ok noted, will proceed then and thanks! Will post a link here once the video is up...

  4. #4
    I am also getting the same message of a Trojan virus. This was also after a Windows update today (25/09/2018)

  5. #5
    Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,126
    re-submitted the installer to MS. This is getting very annoying

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    re-submitted the installer to MS. This is getting very annoying
    Hi There
    Having similar issue, already had CC installed, great app, but anyway it stopped working the other day, every time i opened it would close after 5 seconds. Tried running repair to no avail. So i decided to uninstall and reinstall it. Windows defender on Windows 10 keeps failing as the Trojan Virus. So i just disabled defender and downloaded, All good on the download and install. Got CC up and running and reactivated Defender and it immediately shut it down, So i am thinking it is defender that has been stopping CC running. I think i was running 4.5.2 version of CC. Not sure how to move forward with this issue

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntSS View Post
    Hi There
    Having similar issue, already had CC installed, great app, but anyway it stopped working the other day, every time i opened it would close after 5 seconds. Tried running repair to no avail. So i decided to uninstall and reinstall it. Windows defender on Windows 10 keeps failing as the Trojan Virus. So i just disabled defender and downloaded, All good on the download and install. Got CC up and running and reactivated Defender and it immediately shut it down, So i am thinking it is defender that has been stopping CC running. I think i was running 4.5.2 version of CC. Not sure how to move forward with this issue
    You guys could complain to Microsoft. Press Win+F, describe your issue. Make sure to select "Security and Privacy", "Windows Defender Antivirus". The fact that not everyone gets CC flagged suggests there's a bug, and Feedback Hub is the way to report issues to MS. The more users report and upvote, the more likely it will get looked at.

  8. #8
    Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,126
    Presumably it's the heuristic analysis that's flagged the app as dangerous. There should be an option to turn that off

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Presumably it's the heuristic analysis that's flagged the app as dangerous. There should be an option to turn that off
    Ok will see if i can find out how turn heuristic off.
    Otherwise i wise your option The Iron Wolf.
    Thanks guys

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntSS View Post
    Ok will see if i can find out how turn heuristic off.
    Otherwise i wise your option The Iron Wolf.
    Thanks guys
    You can exclude folders from runtime scan, but it still seems like a bug because it doesn't trigger on my computer, for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •