Thread: F1 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F1 2018

Does CrewChief work with F1-2018 on PS4??

I do not think it does.

I didn’t think so That’s a shame.
    Should be SO useful in that game as a when you drive in cockpit mode you can’t see your wing mirrors unless you want to look like you’re sitting in the rear wing.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    i did look at the UDP data format for F1 2018, and it's very complete - the developers have done a great job there. However, i don't have the game and it doesn't work in VR so I can't really play it anyway (my wheel is attached to my VR rig). This means I'd be developing the app 'blind', assuming that the UDP data is exactly as it appears and works exactly as described. This is rarely the case - it takes a lot of time to work around all the quirks and unexpected behaviours for each game.

Having said that, i've wired up the basic stream reading using longtomjr's UDP client mapping stuff here: https://github.com/RacingSimTools/F1UdpNet
    I've had to change the way the app reads the data a bit and i'm unable to test it but it's a start

Cheers for getting back to me Mr Belowski. It IS surprising that they haven’t included VR support in this years game.
    I’m happy and appreciate that you’re thinking about it and trying to figure out how to make it work with F1 2018.
    I’m happy to help out with any testing or anything need however I’m on PS4 not PC. You got back to me on another thread about trying out a few things to get CrewChief working on my laptop for Project Cars 2 on my PS4. I got home too late tonight, I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it goes????

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    i've wired up a basic F1 2018 spotter implementation, but this is based on several assumptions about how the game's UDP data works. If all of these assumptions are correct then the spotter should work. If some are not correct then it might do nothing at all, or give seemingly random calls because it's rotating the opponents' world co-ordinates incorrectly (because the app's not interpreting the player rotation data correctly). So it's a bit of a long shot. Of course, this also depends on your network allowing the UDP traffic between the game and the app.

Still, it would help me if someone would give this beta a try and report what happens:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4.9.5.1.msi