Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

We are going to make some changes to this calculation in the next update, so instead of setting a fixed amount of liters or gallons in
    "Additional fuel to add to finish the race"
    it will be "Additional fuel to add to finish the race (number of laps worth)", the value can be in both whole or fractions of a lap(s).
    "Enable tight fuel calculations" will be removed but setting another value then "0" to
    "Additional fuel to add to finish the race (number of laps worth)" will have the same effect as having it enabled.

Please fix this asap. I just went from 7th place to last place on the second or third last lap because crew chief didn't give me enough fuel. IMSA, Porsche, Watkins.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this is very puzzling. The fuel calculation code does have some issues in the current live build but these are (mostly) accumulating rounding errors that happen because we're rounding the intermediate calculations 'up'. So this means the current fuel code is usually over-filling, not under-filling.

One possibility is changing average fuel use. The fuel calculation is based on your recent laps consumption. So if you're fuel saving as you reach your pitstop, the app will assume your fuel use over the last few laps is an accurate reflection of your fuel use for the remainder of the race, and so will under-fuel in these circumstances. I'll have a think about it

[edit]

i'm making a bit of an assumption here but as i can't see what else could have caused this, i've changed the 'auto refuelling' calculation to use the overall session average consumption rather than the recent average consumption. This will be in the next release

How about adding a voice option "Chief... restart fuel calculation" or "pitstop add fuel use last laps" and "pitstop add fuel race average"

You get my drift..Something like this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12