Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

  1. #21
    IMSA at Sebring using a Ford 2017 GT is really close on fuel. CC said I was running on fumes so I backed off. This was my second race with CC and both were very close on fuel. I do have CC auto update on.

    Really good program.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5
    I run the Porsche in IMSA with the "fuel to end" enabled. I find at Sebring this week I had fuel two extra laps and at end of race I had 1.6 laps estimated. Getting close. Better to be a bit over than short that is for sure. LOL ....

    I'm going to experiment with 1 lap extra ... then it may be right on.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CRReid View Post
    I run the Porsche in IMSA with the "fuel to end" enabled. I find at Sebring this week I had fuel two extra laps and at end of race I had 1.6 laps estimated. Getting close. Better to be a bit over than short that is for sure. LOL ....

    I'm going to experiment with 1 lap extra ... then it may be right on.
    My Ford reported a half lap left on fuel at the checker. As you know, if timing of the leader is just at the race timers end then you can end up with nearly two laps extra.

    Is there a place in CC to add a lap on fuel calac?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    If you pit in the middle of the race do you get the right amount of fuel?
    Sorry for the late reply.... With CC v4.9.5.7, even if I pitted mid-race (lap 10 or 11 of 22), I would be sputtering across the finish line even with the "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" set to 1.

    I experimented with increasing "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" to as high as 3 laps, but it did not make any difference. I'd still be short on fuel. The only time my fuel worked out perferctly was when I'd run the tank down to empty, then pit on the last possible lap.

    Name:  2018-11-17_10-09-04.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  53.4 KB

    Could setting fuel reports to gallons be causing a bug?

    I've since updated to CC v4.9.5.8, but have yet to run any more races requiring fuel stops. Will test again on week 12.

  5. #25
    Ran an IMSA race today after the update. I did not quite understand the change notice description but the fuel to the end worked perfectly.

    Thank you for the fix.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1
    Just for Info:

    Normally the "pitstop fuel to the end" function worked fine for me, but in one race this week at LeMans Series on the Nordschleife in the Ferrari it did not add the right amount. However, it was not my first race, so I got suspecious and asked him "how is my fuel?" and there I got the right amount, so I was able to correct him. 13 were added instead of 34 liters.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Sorry, not working yet. Version 4.9.6.2

    I have iRacing set to display gallons.

    Additional fuel to add to finish was set to 0.5 laps.

    Fuel per lap calc was pretty close.

    I was filled one lap short. This really hurt bad. I was approaching top 10 in a 34 car field. Zandvoort and Pro Mazda. Had to pit a second time to finish.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by yaSteve View Post
    Sorry, not working yet. Version 4.9.6.2

    I have iRacing set to display gallons.

    Additional fuel to add to finish was set to 0.5 laps.

    Fuel per lap calc was pretty close.

    I was filled one lap short. This really hurt bad. I was approaching top 10 in a 34 car field. Zandvoort and Pro Mazda. Had to pit a second time to finish.
    I set it to add a full lap since if time is ends just after the leader passes the finish line and and you are near a lap down, it could be and easy 2 more laps.

    One more thing if connection is lost for a brief time it can really though off the fuel you to the end calculation.
    Last edited by Randy1; 01-18-2019 at 02:24 AM.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy1 View Post
    I set it to add a full lap since if time is ends just after the leader passes the finish line and and you are near a lap down, it could be and easy 2 more laps.

    One more thing if connection is lost for a brief time it can really though off the fuel you to the end calculation.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. It's unfortunate there's no way to verify until in an actual race needing a pit stop (that I know of).

  10. #30
    Sorry if asking in the wrong thread but is it possible to get more fuel info. When I push the designated button CC tells me that I for example use 1.9 L per lap. Is it possible to get more info like 1.942 l per lap ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •