Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

Last night me and another user that uses CC ran out of fuel on the front straight at Road America after using this feature. We ran out at the same spot too. That is when he asked me if I used CC to do pit stop. Seems to be a issue with other races too as I see here and heard others mention it.

I will try to queue this request after I have entered pit lane next time to see if that helps but in the past it would not matter where I was on the track to request this. FYI IMSA is a timed race not fixed laps.

Thats not to good.
    This function uses the exact same code to calculate fuel usage as when you ask to be fuled to the end so i'm not sure whats going on here but i will have a check up on it at the beginning of next week.

Ive been looking around to see if i could figure out what the issue is here but i cant see anything wrong with the code.
    Did you enable "Use tight fuel calculations" without setting a value in "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" ?

I came up a few laps short when racing VRS Indie last week. Sorry I don't have the details.

All I know for sure was I was in the Merc.

Edit: I didn't select enable tight fuel calculations.

Should it happen again I'll remember to post what happened.
    Last edited by CRReid; 15-08-2018 at 12:59.

I do remember that I saw something like #11litres ... while I was pitting. I use gallons ... not litres.

Could this have something to do with putting in too little fuel?

Could this have something to do with the way iRacing seems to have preset fuel amounts? I experience the same thing in my Mazda races - you can add 2 gallons or 3 gallons, but not 2.4 gallons.

The input amount send to iracing(API) allways has to be in SI units(Liters), So when you say "pitstop add 4 gallons" we have to convert this to liters and send that to the game.
    The app can't convert fractions of a gallon, i know this is kinda shit but there are some limitations in the speechrecognizer that we cant work our way around, so if you want better accuracy of the fueling commands you will have to switch to using liters.

This is such an important piece of functionality but it always scares the crap out of me when I use it and sometimes it's hard to know in the heat of the moment whether you are getting proper fuel. Not a CC issue, but a good example is the HPD in the Le Mans series. HPD uses lbs of fuel, not gals or liters and in the series race at Le Mans you are fuel limited at the start. So you send a "fuel to end of race" command and it has to go from gals (my default) to liters to lbs at which point I have no idea whether I'm properly fueled. Again, not a CC issue per se, but you really need to be confident that CC is doing the right thing.

And, not to hijack the post, but instead of hard coding additional fuel as units, would it be more helpful to code as number of additional laps of fuel with decimals permitted? I like to over fuel by a half lap at the longer tracks, such as Le Mans. And maybe move this field to the main page or make it available as a voice command to adjust? Otherwise need to remember to change for each car/track before session launch.

CC gets the amount of fuel from the game API this value is always in liters and all calculation are done in liters inside the app, the only point when this value is converted is when user asks how much fuel is left, or the app reports something like "½ a gallon left", Or when asking to be refueled using gallons as unit.

There is an option to overwrite the build in hard coded values, its called "Enable tight fuel calculations", if this option is enabled the app will use a user defined value called "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" this value can be both liters and gallons and depends if "Fuel reports in gallons" is selected

I ran out of fuel again in the VRS Zolder race ...

I am going to try out the enable tight fuel setting and add a couple of gallons and go from there ... thanks for the suggestion ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast