Thread: Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pit Stop Fuel to End of Race is not fueling enough (IMSA Race)

Last night me and another user that uses CC ran out of fuel on the front straight at Road America after using this feature. We ran out at the same spot too. That is when he asked me if I used CC to do pit stop. Seems to be a issue with other races too as I see here and heard others mention it.

I will try to queue this request after I have entered pit lane next time to see if that helps but in the past it would not matter where I was on the track to request this. FYI IMSA is a timed race not fixed laps.

Thats not to good.
    This function uses the exact same code to calculate fuel usage as when you ask to be fuled to the end so i'm not sure whats going on here but i will have a check up on it at the beginning of next week.

Ive been looking around to see if i could figure out what the issue is here but i cant see anything wrong with the code.
    Did you enable "Use tight fuel calculations" without setting a value in "Additional fuel to add to finish the race" ?

I came up a few laps short when racing VRS Indie last week. Sorry I don't have the details.

All I know for sure was I was in the Merc.

Edit: I didn't select enable tight fuel calculations.

Should it happen again I'll remember to post what happened.
    Last edited by CRReid; 15-08-2018 at 12:59.

I do remember that I saw something like #11litres ... while I was pitting. I use gallons ... not litres.

Could this have something to do with putting in too little fuel?

Could this have something to do with the way iRacing seems to have preset fuel amounts? I experience the same thing in my Mazda races - you can add 2 gallons or 3 gallons, but not 2.4 gallons.