Thread: Possible glitch, not major and far from game-appbreaking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Possible glitch, not major and far from game-appbreaking

Hi, I'm a first timer here and just wanted to say I've rapidly become addicted to your CrewChief app.

After updating to Version 4.9.4.2 my crewchief seem to have less knowledge about track limits in Project Cars 2, specially on the first outlap he tells me half way through the lap that I cut the track and my laptime will be invalidated (he does this regardless whether I do actually cut track or not :P )
    It's in no way a game-appbreaking thing, but it's a bit annoying from time to time.

I wouldn't say this should be on the top of your to-do list, but if noone tells you, you wont be aware of the glitch/bug

Thanks again for this awesome app and your continued support for it, and best of luck in your coming updates and developments

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Interesting. This is a known issue for r3e (will fix it next week) but I've not heard this behaviour in pcars2. I'll investigate when I'm back from holiday

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Interesting. This is a known issue for r3e (will fix it next week) but I've not heard this behaviour in pcars2. I'll investigate when I'm back from holiday
    Wow, that was a quick response!

thank you! hope I didn't mess too much with your vacation and that your having a good time

I can confirm I have this also in Pcars 2 - I started driving a new track Oscherslaben B and just though it was an error with the track itself - it happens to me just before turn 4 hairpin

Im getting to grips with crew chief for Automobilista, but find track limits to be off most tracks.
    is there a way to teach where track limits is for crew chief?
    i get " cmon rob thats track limits" but in game its not...?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    maybe Reiza has added more surface types or something. I've reversed the app logic so all wheels now have to be on grass or gravel for this off-track stuff to trigger. This will make it less likely to trigger, and if a new non-racing surface exists that the app doesn't know about it won't trigger the cut detection. Which isn't ideal but it's better than false-positives.

Will be in the next release