Thread: Any way to increase voice recognition?

Cool Any way to increase voice recognition?

So I have a very heavy Texan accent and I love crew chief, but man.. I might have to scream/whisper something 10-15 times before it recognizes it.. Is there anything I can run/do to help it recognize my voice a bit better? Even screaming it 10-15 times is better than me trying to fumble around with a VR headset on and punch buttons or keys on a keyboard lol. Which is why I still donated and fully support the dev(s) here.

There is some stuff you can try and have a play with, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4 there is a file called speech_recognition_config.txt make a copy of that file and place it in C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4
    Now you can try and edit the phrases in that file to better suite Texan accent.

If you have not already done so i suggest downloading and installing MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    Then in properties "Speech recognition country" put in "US" and the app should now use the US version

PS. make sure you read the "help" text in the top of speech_recognition_config.txt

Thanks for the tips and reply. I already did the second selecting "US" in the speech recognition country. I think it's more of the southern draw instead of the words said, example Guys across the pond say Tyre, most US say Tire.. where as my "tire comes out as" Tahr.. lol that make sense? Anyways short of working on the accent and using the correct pronunciation (wife is an English teacher so she rides my ass when she notices it too lol).. It uses the windows speech recognition so would running that a few more times where you repeat the sentences over and over help the process of it recognizing my voice? Voice recognition always been pretty hit or miss as my phone when doing voice to text can be a mess at times, but things like my Alexa from Amazon it amazes me how it can get every word I say right all the time. Thanks again and any help is " 'preciated. "

Crew Chief has stopped recognising my requests? Previously it was perfect.

In the console window on startup I notices the following

12:33:35.115 : Attempting to get recogniser for en
    12:33:35.136 : English (Australia) - (en-AU)

I am assuming it now thinks I'm a bit further south than Hampshire UK!

The speech_recognition is set to en so I'm assuming I've done something in windows?
    Any help or pointers most appreciated to have us chatting again..

OK change the Speech Recognition to en-GB so at least I'm in the right country Not sure why I lost the "-GB" could this have happened at the last update?

Anyone else having problems with this as this hasn't solved it?

OK lets ignore everything in the last to posts and move on. Apparently PICNIC

Do you put en-US or just US in the country box?

edit: Nevermind it says in the console when you boot up its looking for en-(whatever you have put in the box) so putting in US makes it look for en-US which is the name of the voice file Im using
    Last edited by Spooling88; 03-03-2019 at 01:07.