Thread: Weird Fuel Glitch

Weird Fuel Glitch

I was racing a 6hr GTE Race, and before the final pitstop, I asked crew chief how much fuel I needed, and he responded 102 liters, but when I entered the pits, he only added 24 liters? Is there different calculations for fuel reports and refueling?

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimBL View Post
    I was racing a 6hr GTE Race, and before the final pitstop, I asked crew chief how much fuel I needed, and he responded 102 liters, but when I entered the pits, he only added 24 liters? Is there different calculations for fuel reports and refueling?
    Here is the log file:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocC7unsX3Uu1SvvhssM-PsjBQJQ

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    interesting log. It *appears* that the fuel data aren't getting updated when you're not driving the car. So when your team mate is driving the app is adding 0 litres fuel consumption for each lap. This is (obviously) making the average fuel consumption figures complete nonsense.

There are 2 sets of averages - recent averages which are used to give fuel estimates based on your current consumption (these are used when requesting fuel information), and overall averages (average for the entire session). These are used for refuelling calculations. It's this latter set that's incorrect, which is why you're getting good estimates but incorrect refuelling.

I'll give it some thought - I did wonder if it would make more sense to just base the refuelling calculation on the maximum use per lap over the entire session.

Thanks for the log

Thanks for the reply, and your welcome on the log. Glad to help make CC better, as it is a brilliant and invaluable tool for me. I have just stopped using the auto fuel option, and use voice commands instead, based on the fuel estimates given when requested. That seems to work great for now. Just one question, is the estimate CC gives to make it to the end, or does it account for the extra fuel that you can add in options? I'm guessing the first, and obviously I can just set that to zero and stop guessing and just do the math and add the extra fuel.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Today's update should (I hope...) address this issue