Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature request: Pit window open and silence during qualy

Feature request: Pit window open and silence during qualy

I would like to have the crew chief announce when you can pit the earliest in a race. Would be nice to have him saying after a couple of laps, "Pit window opens on lap 11" and the on lap 11 remind me "Pit window is now open" or something.

And an option to keep him silent during qualify. There is a setting for this but this also shuts him off during practice I believe which I sometimes want to have. But during qualy I want radio silence.

Good Idea!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the silence-during-qualify laps is in the next update. Well, not *entirely* silent but all non-essential messages can be switched off when the app thinks you're busy (on a qual lap, in traffic, etc).

Regarding the pit window stuff, the app will announce 'pit window opens in 2 minutes' and stuff like that, is that not sufficient?

Nice! The thing I dont want crew chief to say during qualy is other drivers lap times. So thats good its coming.

I didnt know he already could announce the pit window! Is that a setting Ive missed because I dont think Ive ever heard him saying it.

ah, i don't think the data is available for iRacing

Now I am confused. Is it already in the Crew Cheif app or is it on the todo list? When you wrote in #3 I was under the impression its already there. If so, where do I find this setting? :P

the pit window stuff won't work in iRacing unless iRacing make the data available to us.

To make the app talk (much) less during qual laps and when you're fighting with other cars, enable the "Advanced message prioritisation" option - this was added in today's release

Ah! Thank you. Will try tonight.

Just a thought here, but could you make a configuration option so the app can use remaining fuel to announce the pit window for iRacing? It can already calculate how much you fuel you need to finish a race, it could announce you're in your pit window once topping off the tank will get you to the end or if you consider two more laps of fuel your window.

Also, will check the "advanced message prioritization" feature when I get home tonight!

Just a thought, but could the pit window open message be calculated from the current fuel, fuel usage per lap and laps / time left in the race using the fuel calculator?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast