Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking about making an official italian soundpack

alright I've run a quick test to choose the plugin chain, in the attached file you can hear several takes for the car_inside line.

I'll re-record them anyway because I had my PC on and the fans were running crazy, but I wanted to try if the plugins were right and if I could get a good result. What do you think? Maybe too distorted?

I've noticed Gianfranco always says "car left" in italian, while you just say "car low" or "car inside", can I also say "car left"? right now I'm just saying "it's on the inside", and I'm avoiding "car low" because it sounds really bad in italian.

I'm also focusing on keeping the messages very short, because I've noticed Gianfranco to be a bit too calm and long to say things and during the race it can be irritating, to me at least.

Anyway if this works it won't take very long to record the files, it's actually very quick! I just record, cut the recording and bounce in place to export the wav.

crewchief test.mp3.zip

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I'll have a listen to the files tomorrow, but regarding the spotter messages, remember there are 2 sets for a car on your left - on road courses its always "left side" or "car left", for ovals it's always "inside", "car inside", "car low" etc

well it looks like it's quicker than I thought! I finished all the spotter folder in about half an hour, while learning how to do it.

here it is, how does it sounds? tomorrow I'll try to replace the Gianfranco files and see how it works while racing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnrq2aej8y...otter.zip?dl=1

okay I tested the spotter a bit and it looks like I overdid with the distortion a bit. I'll work it over to clean the result!

alright, I'm slowly tweaking the sound effects, now the distortion sounds okay, but the voice is still too far away. I will have to experiment a bit with different simulated speakers before moving forward. In the meanwhile I've recorded the whole numbers folder, but I'm not too sure I did a good job, or it can fit italian. I've seen Gianfranco had a different numbers folder, but at the same time it had become incompatible with the new CC versions, like the clock sometimes won't work, some timings will get cut, etc.

I want it to be compatible first, so I am thinking of recording all the files needed by the english CC and then, in case, adding the italian exceptions. Gianfranco instead only recorded what he needed for the IT version to work and left out all the rest. which is understandable, but now it's broken.

Also I'd need to find a method to betatest the voice files... is there a way to force CC to say some phrases?

uhm, you guys? Are you still with me?

Yes we are still with you, Jim is on vaication this week, forcing CC to say a specific phrase is a bit tricky and i think your going to need to mess with the source code to do so. i can write you up a small test program where you can put in the sound files you want to combine and have them play like CC would, i'm going to need a few days as I just got home from vaication and need a few days to get sorted.

that would be amazing, thank you! I hope it’s not too much work for you, and that it could be useful to you guys as well, and maybe help someone else who would like to make some additional translation.

I’ve got quite some breakthroughs during the week, I’ve refined the sound chain down to something I really like by changing completely the speaker simulation model and changing to a completely new light distortion. I’ve also added more limiter/maximizer at the end and now the sounds play much louder and clear, very crispy. I gave the spotter a go and it was great, compared to Gianfranco talking (which was good already) sounds much better!

also I’ve completely automated the editing and exporting phase... right now the only lengthy thing is to actually record the phrases
    I record one folder at a time, when I start recording I repeat the phrase ten or twenty times trying to be as natural as possible, also “acting” a little bit as if I was the engineer.
    then Logic cuts the single takes for me cutting all the silence away so I just have to listen to them once more and choose the best, then I just select all the takes for that folder and batch-export them. Logic normalizes, dither them and also numbers the filename for me so it really takes no time to do all of this! I can really focus on doing 10-15 different phrases per folder!

I could record and export the whole “acnowledge” folder in less than an hour

Ok, i got something in the piplines already, but we might need jim to return from vaication before it can be released.
    Are you connected with our discord channel else please join https://discord.gg/RyejNz9 if you use discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Ok, i got something in the piplines already, but we might need jim to return from vaication before it can be released.
    Are you connected with our discord channel else please join https://discord.gg/RyejNz9 if you use discord.
    just joined! cheers!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast