Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking about making an official italian soundpack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm thinking about making an official italian soundpack

I'm a sound engineer, I got a studio, and I'm thinking about making an official italian soundpack. I know there's one already but it's really restricted and it hasn't been updated for ages.

Where do I start? What is the quickest way to do it technically? What guidelines should I follow to keep it updatable in a simple way?

Huge balls detected^^

Its a giant task, i'm sure Jim will help you out with it, but again its a massive commitment to record a soundpack for CC. I think(qoute me one it) there are more then 20k single sounds.
    Last edited by Sparten; 05-07-2018 at 17:07. Reason: qoute me one it

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    26047, to be precise. Shit. I need to get out more :|

not scared! recording the samples is the least effort for me, I'm used to record and edit in the studio! I know it's massive but I think it's doable given the right amount of months.

What I'm most worried about is how to put them together, how to account for the grammar, how to prepare a decent voice recognition and how to make it easy to update.

Quote Originally Posted by MatteAce View Post
    not scared!
    I am, Its them balls you got.

Edit:
    Better put some more text here instead of hiding.
    If you just worry about recording the sounds then i promise you we will take care of the "easy" part.
    Last edited by Sparten; 05-07-2018 at 17:40.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The grammar differences are mainly in the number reader. I did some work to support gianfranco's Italian pack by allowing for different inflection in the numbers depending on context but it was a couple of years ago.

The biggest issue was the pace that cc changes. I'm adding new stuff most weeks, which makes it hard to keep the language packs synchronised. But I'm happy to help where I can

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    26047, to be precise. Shit. I need to get out more :|
    Mr. Belowski,

Is there a file with the list of all official sounds?

cheers

the download of voice pack is unavailable....

the old, outdated voice pack made by Gianfranco for projectcars.it lies behind a registration wall, and we've been unable to retrieve it recently.
    I'm working on a new, updated and complete pack but I'm still not ready for release. I'll keep you posted, hopefully I should be able to make it for the end of 2018

yeah I tried to hack into Gianfranco voice recognition definition file and I’ve noticed that it’s not super easy to account for grammar when you get to the more complex phrases about who’s in front and back, etc. but surely you can do better than me!

if I were to just record the files, would you guys be okay for real with putting them together?

so... where do I start? should I open the wav directory and start re-recording them?
    what kind of procedure you followed to record them? how short do I have to cut them?

I was also thinking about using a supercardioid microphone for vocals and then low-res the result, then I thought that maybe a headset mike is better at that because no engineer is talking through an expensive microphone... how do you guys do?

also, can I prioritize the work to avoid a full release only? like we could get some core functions first to release it, and then start expanding it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast