Thread: Voice recognition confidence with Oculus Rift

Voice recognition confidence with Oculus Rift

I'm getting very low confidence scores on voice recognition.. low enough that it isn't useable. I'm using an Oculus Rift as the mic.. any tips on how to improve it?

Thanks

I am Rift user and struggling a lot as well. I have separate mike which works much better, but obviously, is an inconvenience. But check this, might help. Another recent thing I learned - is trying different phrases from the list of alternatives.

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post3238

I recently replaced Oculus microphone with a cheap noname desktop microphone and started to get much better results. Basically, it seems like Oculus has a bad mike (not sure exactly how, too quiet?), so if you could use something else, I would encourage to try doing that.

Was having this issue as well. I found out that you need to set the Rift microphone volume level to 90% and enable AGC setting for it to recognize with confidence consistently. It's a bit annoying that somehow the level keeps resetting to 100% and I have to keep reducing it back to 90

I'll give that a shot, thanks! What is AGC?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Was having this issue as well. I found out that you need to set the Rift microphone volume level to 90% and enable AGC setting for it to recognize with confidence consistently. It's a bit annoying that somehow the level keeps resetting to 100% and I have to keep reducing it back to 90