Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of prioritisation in the calls

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this is caused by the spotter message expiring. There's a message with 2 or more parts being played, and a spotter message is queued. The spotter message blocks the remaining parts of the existing queued message, but the part that is currently playing is allowed to complete. This means that it might be a second or two before the spotter message that interrupted the other message actually plays. By which time, it might be too old.

I've encountered this myself - the app is behaving as intended, but it sounds rubbish. So today's release includes a little hack to add 2 seconds to the spotter message expiry time if that message interrupts a regular message.

tl/dr; it's fixed. Probably.

Edit...

Aww bugger, I didn't include the change in today's release. I'll update it when I've had me tea

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    this is caused by the spotter message expiring. There's a message with 2 or more parts being played, and a spotter message is queued. The spotter message blocks the remaining parts of the existing queued message, but the part that is currently playing is allowed to complete. This means that it might be a second or two before the spotter message that interrupted the other message actually plays. By which time, it might be too old.

I've encountered this myself - the app is behaving as intended, but it sounds rubbish. So today's release includes a little hack to add 2 seconds to the spotter message expiry time if that message interrupts a regular message.

tl/dr; it's fixed. Probably.

Edit...

Aww bugger, I didn't include the change in today's release. I'll update it when I've had me tea
    enjoy your tea, because your work is AMAZING! definitely well deserved tea

thank you again! I have a couple more ideas, I'll write them around in the forum!

ok, that change has now been hastily added to the app and another update should be available. Sorry about that

I didn't see the donation option for "giant crate of tea". They should really put that in. I suppose you're fine with regular, boring money?

regular money? Like, every twenty minutes or so? Yes, please :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12