Thread: There is no speach from CrewChief but background sound

Question There is no speach from CrewChief but background sound

Hi!

I have downloaded and installed CrewChief on Win10 64bit and there is only background sound and I can not hear the spotter.
    Do anyone else have the same problem?

Would be nice if someone could give me a hint how to solve this

Thanks and best regards,
    BMG

I have the exact opposit problem, from time to times, when switching session, background disapear, i have only crewchief and spotter.
    win7 pro here.
    Only way to get back the backgroung sounds is to close CC and start again.
    This happens only with AMS,.Hope for a fix.

Thanks in advance.
    regards,
    Silvano
    Last edited by Silvanob2; 09-07-2018 at 12:32.

I know this thread is a couple months old, but I'm having similar/same issues. The app has been working well, then the voice stops working or is just working at a very low volume. Sometimes it will stop mid-race. Restarting the app isn't helping. Reinstalling and deleting everything and reinstalling doesn't seem to help either.

I'm on Windows 10. Its a great app, so hopefully this can be resolved.

Thanks!

the same problem here.

Make sure that other applications cant take exclusive control over your selected sound device, this can cause other apps to change volume or mic level.
    Right click the speaker in the bottom right corner, select "Open Sound Setting" under your selected sound device is a option called "Device properties" click that and go to advanced, uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and click ok.
    Do the same for you microphone.
    And report back if this suggestion has sorted the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Make sure that other applications cant take exclusive control over your selected sound device, this can cause other apps to change volume or mic level.
    Right click the speaker in the bottom right corner, select "Open Sound Setting" under your selected sound device is a option called "Device properties" click that and go to advanced, uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and click ok.
    It did the trick, thanks a lot Sparten

Awesome. Thank you. took me weeks to find this simple fix. I missed Micha... lol!!!

I know I am trying to resurrect an almost 5 year old post, but I have tried this suggestion and it is not working through my pimax headset. If I change the audio source to the headset I have, I hear both the voice messages and the background noise. When I switch that back to the pimax, it is only the background noise. Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers

Hello I am getting the same on windows 10 64 bit the dialog box is telling me it is running but no speech from the app very frustrated after 3 days of trying to fix it to no avail. can someone please
    tell me how to get the speech working all packs are up to date I have even gone to the point where i done a full reset of my pc but still nothing