Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crew chief won't launch on Assetto Corsa

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    So the app isn't crashing, it's just not playing sounds? Ensure your default sound output device is set correctly in the windows control panel

actually read the bit at the end of my last post please

the app uses the default sound device in Windows. This may be different to the sound device used by the game and may also be different to the sound device used by the app's background sounds player (the car noises in the background), so the app's voice sounds may be getting directed to a sound device you're not listening to. Alternatively, there's a way to associate a particular sound output (playback) device with a particular application in the latest versions of Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    the app uses the default sound device in Windows. This may be different to the sound device used by the game and may also be different to the sound device used by the app's background sounds player (the car noises in the background), so the app's voice sounds may be getting directed to a sound device you're not listening to. Alternatively, there's a way to associate a particular sound output (playback) device with a particular application in the latest versions of Windows 10
    how does that explain that sometimes i can hear CC and sometimes i cant
    how do i associate a particular sound output with a particular application thanks

Maybe windows or some other app changes default sound devices, I don't know. I've explained how the app behaves, and why you're having your issue.

Regarding per-app sound devices, Google it

do u play assetto corsa with CC do u have any issues?

It's fine. There was a crash bug when pressing stop and then start (fixed in the release due out today or tomorrow) and there was a multiclass issue (minor, also fixed) but otherwise it's fine for me and the cc team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12