Thread: Different Steering Wheels?

Different Steering Wheels?

Could not find an answer so I'm asking...
    I use several different Fanatec wheel rims.
    1. Is there a way to save a button configs for each wheel and have it auto-load based on a startup string command of some kind? (I launch CrewChief via a execute line in SimVibe).
    2. If it is possible, is it well documented somewhere? A very detailed example of the syntax would be grate.
    3. Even if it can't auto-loaded, can I at least choose it from a saved or favorite list (maybe in the future)?

Thank you in advance for anyone patient enough to answer.

Currently, we don't have any special logic for mapping when switching rims. I personally hit that problem, and I just remap on rim switch, but I don't switch rims often. so it doesn't bother me enough to do something to change the experience. This is a good idea, and I'll keep that in mind, maybe add some controller profile down the road. I suspect we won't be able to detect rim easily, but a dropdown with mapping list will be doable.

Yes i have the same issue here, only way to get this implemented is to get access to the fanatec SDK witch we dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Yes i have the same issue here, only way to get this implemented is to get access to the fanatec SDK witch we dont have.
    But, I am not sure we need this (automatic rim detection). Button 2 is Button 3 on another rim, etc. So if we allow saving controller profile, users can switch it manually. It's not perfect, but is less annoying than re-mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    But, I am not sure we need this (automatic rim detection). Button 2 is Button 3 on another rim, etc. So if we allow saving controller profile, users can switch it manually. It's not perfect, but is less annoying than re-mapping.
    Thanks everyone for your reply!!!

I agree, I could do quite well with just a manual drop-down menu of saved rim configs... I know, I'm a nerd when it comes to me and my sim... I've got 4 rims that I exchange with whatever car type I choose to compete or sim in at that moment! :-)