Thread: Some Oval issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some Oval issues

Hi guys.

I really love your apps so first of all thank you for your great work.

Mainly I'm an Oval guy on iRacing and after using your app some time I have following questions I was not able to figure out so before turning myself crazy I want to ask if this features are implemented, on the "todo" list or not even planed.

1. During an oval race when a caution comes out the spotter does not say a thing. He does not call out the yellow or caution. I notice a cautions comes out because of the yellow flag in the corner and also the spotter message in the middle of the screen but when you are focused in the race it's much better to hear your spotter saying "Caution is out" for example is much better then noticing the flag in the corner.
    2. Once under caution when you are going to 1 to green the iRacing spotter tells you which line to take and behind which car number to stay. Until now I was not able to make this work in CC so I wanted to ask if this is implemented or not.
    3. Pit countdown I already have read that people is asking for a "5,4,3,2,1" countdown and that it's not easy to implement so I understand this is not possible for now.

Well this are my, mainly, 2 doubts.

Thanks in advance and best regards

I'd also love these features, these are pretty important in iRacing, especially on the oval side of things.

Once summer is over i plan to look into getting the part oval racing part polished/added, no real work has yet been done for oval support.
    Last edited by Sparten; 23-05-2018 at 09:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Once summer is over i plan to look into getting the part oval racing part polished/added, no real work has yet been done for oval support.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    If you want I can post some bugs I find on my Oval races (only I race) to save time if they are fixable so you don't need to search for them.

One of them is that almost always the spotter tells you the distance in time between the guy in front or behind but I realised that when I have a guy 0.3 sec behind for example, the spotter reports 43 seconds. (numbers are invented). There's always a huge difference between report and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ThadeusX View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    If you want I can post some bugs I find on my Oval races (only I race) to save time if they are fixable so you don't need to search for them.

One of them is that almost always the spotter tells you the distance in time between the guy in front or behind but I realised that when I have a guy 0.3 sec behind for example, the spotter reports 43 seconds. (numbers are invented). There's always a huge difference between report and reality.
    Regarding gap behind, I could have a look if you provide me with a Crew Chief trace (see general section on how to capture it) and tell me what lap/section/opponent you noticed issue with (I need to know when during the race issue occurred and who was behind at that time according to iRacing). You could PM me if you'd like to keep names private