Thread: properties sorted by game?

properties sorted by game?

Hello,

I only use this app for iracing as its the only sim I play and I have to say that every time I open the properties page I want to close it immediately again, because it is just so full of stuff that doesnt matter for the game I play.

Most of these options only work for one game some for multiple ones, maybe you could add a drop down menu were you can select the game you want to change the properties of and then all the properties that apply to said games are shown and only those.
    I always want to set up the app for my personal needs, but for some of those options im not even sure if they are supported by iracing or not.
    Last edited by xeek; 07-04-2018 at 20:18.

You can filter to iRacing specific options by typing iRacing in a search box.

The options that have no game name in their names are common to all games, although iRacing exposes less data than most of the games, so not everything applies to/works in iRacing.

I originally wanted to have separate tabs for each game, however, I then realized that won't help. Try finding something in Skype or notepad++ settings, for example. Despite options being split, it is still hard to find what you need. I like apps that offer search for option, and that's what was added to CC options window. Splitting options per categories would be nice, still, but so far there's always a higher priority work on the list.

I wonder if we should make all the common options to show up when "Common" is typed in.

Actually, your post made me think and I like the idea of having per-game drop down for settings. I think we could tag each option with what game it applies to, internally, and drop down with at the very least, remove all the uniinteresting command line options etc and show only game specific and common ones that are implemented, or unavailable, for the game selected. For example, pit stop countdown only works in iR, r3e and rf2, and we shouldn't show it for other games.

No idea when we'll do it, but I think this should be done down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Actually, your post made me think and I like the idea of having per-game drop down for settings. I think we could tag each option with what game it applies to, internally, and drop down with at the very least, remove all the uniinteresting command line options etc and show only game specific and common ones that are implemented, or unavailable, for the game selected. For example, pit stop countdown only works in iR, r3e and rf2, and we shouldn't show it for other games.

No idea when we'll do it, but I think this should be done down the road.
    yep thats exactly what I thought of aswell, thanks

This feature has just been released guys (and ladies).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    This feature has just been released guys (and ladies).
    just noticed it was added, thank you guys!