Thread: Problem: rF2 'hangs' on exiting the game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problem: rF2 'hangs' on exiting the game

Hi, Jim.

I've been trying to figure out why rF2 hangs sometimes on exiting from the game back to the Launcher window.

I'm not completely certain, but experimentation has led me to believe that CrewChief might be the problem.

The installation goes well and the 'rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll' is installed correctly and switched on in the plugins tab. I've also tried with the 'wait for plugins to load' option both on and off.

When the game hangs there's not much you can do. The screen goes black and switching to Task Manager to try and kill rF2 doesn't work, as the mouse cursor disappears and all Alt/Tab processes are inoperative.

The only way out is to sign out of Windows and then sign back in again.

I have found that when I uninstall CC and delete the 'rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll' plugin, the problem seems to go away and the game quickly returns to the Launcher window without a hitch.

To reproduce, go all the way into a race before attempting to come back out and exit the game. Just going in as far as the menu screen doesn't always produce the fault.

By the way CC works just fine in-game, it's just the exiting problem.

Regards,
    Chris.

System:
    Windows 10 (64bit)
    nVidia Graphics
    Latest rFactor 2 Steam build (DX11)
    Last edited by dungbeetle; 09-04-2018 at 12:52.