Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotter doesn't work after driver swap

Question Spotter doesn't work after driver swap

Spotter doesn't work after driver swap. I can start a stint and the spotter works fine. I then let my team mate take over and leave. When it's my turn to drive again I join as a spectator select the car and wait for my team mate to pit. I then take over and drive out of the pits where now the spotter no longer works. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

Sorry just seen someone has already reported this error. I will try to run the CC trace and report back with the steps that causes this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TOCA2FREAK View Post
    Sorry just seen someone has already reported this error. I will try to run the CC trace and report back with the steps that causes this issue.
    Driver swap is not implemented yet. I need a committed volunteer to guide me through driver swap with traces, testing and feedback, because I am not familiar with driver swaps in rF2. There's also a chance that there's nothing I will be able to do, depending on how internals work. But I'll do my best, as this is something I really want to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Driver swap is not implemented yet. I need a committed volunteer to guide me through driver swap with traces, testing and feedback, because I am not familiar with driver swaps in rF2. There's also a chance that there's nothing I will be able to do, depending on how internals work. But I'll do my best, as this is something I really want to complete.
    I'm happy to test this with you. I also have access to Phoenix Racing Club's servers to test with.

Quote Originally Posted by TOCA2FREAK View Post
    I'm happy to test this with you. I also have access to Phoenix Racing Club's servers to test with.
    I do need traces though. I will be busy in the next 2 weeks, but if you could collect traces and explain what exactly you did, what happened and what you would like to happen I'll have a look.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    i'll be able to have look this week so copy me in please

Okay I will test this as soon as I can and get back to you guys.

Attached is the .gz file for the test I done. The forum will not allow me to attached the .txt file as it is too big so I will paste it into here, so I have uploaded that here.

RF2_64BIT_2018-01-11--18-30-21.gz

So I joined the server normally and started driving with some AI cars on track. I let some cars go past and the spotter was working. My friend then joined the server as a spectator and selected me to ride with. I then request pitstop and select my friend in the pitstop menu. I then drive into the pits and stop at the box. There is then a countdown for the driver swap and when it reaches zero my friend can then drive the car.

I leave the server and rejoin as a spectator. I select my friend and press the passenger select key to ride with him. He then requests a pitstop and chooses me in the pitstop menu. He then stops at our pit box and I wait for the countdown timer to reach zero. I then drive the car out on track and this is when the spotter no longer works.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the file appears to be truncated / corrupted - any chance of uploading it to GoogleDrive or something like that?

You can get the .gz file here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast